Monday, 6 December 2010

Getting there.....

Slowly, but definitely getting there. I've been locked in my sewing room this last week trying to get these four quilts finished. These two are finished except for hand stitching the binding down...





...this one is ready to start quilting....





...and the fourth, well that's another story..!! I'm still working on that one, but I don't really have to have it finished until the middle of January so I have a little grace on that. I'm still not comfortable with machine quilting but I do see the advantages, I at least have a chance of getting some quilts finished as opposed to hand quilting and still having them as UFOs. I'm reasonably happy with the way the first two have turned out, nothing fancy, just outline and a bit of cross hatching, but hey, they're finished...!! That's good right..?
I haven't even started Christmas decorating and the rain, well, we're not talking about that. At least we're just very, very soggy and waterlogged, we're not stranded and flooded out like a lot of my blogging friends, with more rain forecast for this week I think we're all over it. Yes, I'm complaining about the rain, I don't care how terrible that is, I just want it to stop for a while..!!
What else have I been doing do I hear..? Well, yes, this little lady has been keeping me very busy.....





..hhmmm, I see my mug coaster behind her, honestly this isn't the face of innocence! This is the 'what mischief can I get up to now?' face...





...this is the only time she's quiet, sheer exhaustion makes her stop, usually she drops where she is and we have to step over her. If I'm sewing however she chooses the bed next to the computer desk, you can see she's taken it over, placed her belonging in it too..!


OK, enough chatter, gotta go sew..! I'll see you when I've finished these quilts...sigh..!!
xxx

19 comments:

Maree: said...

She is Soooo Cute how can you be cross with her....
Great Job on getting those Quilts done..Nothing Like last Minute Sewing hey!
cheers

Margaret said...

Thats a stand up and be counted week , lovely quilt tops to start with and then the what I call hard part sashing and backing and edges and so it goes. And a bundle of fluff so that you don't get unhappy that an added bonus.

Suzanne Thomsen Newsome said...

beautiful photos - all of them!!

Julia said...

Good work on those quilts Lizzie..What a gorgeous face, how could she be naughty!..

Faeryfay said...

That puppy is absolutely adorable!

Sue said...

Good news about the quilt progress, you'll get there I'm sure. The baby has grown a lot since her last photo. So cute.

Karen said...

I need to be locked in my sewing room too to get a couple gifts done.

Anna said...

what a cute puppy!!!

Janet said...

Three cheers for your efforts in getting so much done. What a gorgeous girl you have there, is she named?

Kim said...

That little white fur ball sure is a cutie. Good luck with those quilts. :-D

Jodie said...

You have been so productive !!!!

and she does look very innocent in that photo i have to say.

Julie said...

oh my god!!! that girl is just so adorable, i want to kiss her!
nice quilts too lizzie.
xo

Rafael's Mum said...

Well done getting so much done! She is too cute for words!!

Francien said...

Oh Lizzie...i see some stunning quilts again...i just love the fabrics of the 4th one...and your little missie...well..i guess she will be forgiven most of the time..with those eyes!!
Happy sewing...guess we are all busy making little give-away`s these days...Christmas is around the corner...seems like yesterday...
greetings Francien.

Margaret said...

Good luck finishing all your quilts in time! They look wonderful! I can see the advantages of machine quilting as well, although I still love the look of hand quilting best. That little one is sooo cute! I hear you on the mischief though. Mia gets into everything too! lol! I haven't started xmas decorating either. No time!

Frances Leate said...

What a great achievement with three quilts nearly finished and another on the way. I would probably spend most of my day playing with your adorable ball of fluff - really really cute!!! I can relate about the machine quilting - that is why I do it because I like to finish my own quilts and hand quilting takes too long and hurts my arthritic hand. Happy stitching!

Melody said...

What a little scamp!

Julie Fukuda said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog.I see you baste with pins. That is what I do if I don't have room to lay the quilt out for long enough time.
Even the pup has a quilt and seems to be enjoying it too.

linda said...

What a face!! I don't even want to tell you how many quilts I have to finish in the next 2 1/2 weeks!

Snow day here today. We have at least ten inches!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin