Monday, 31 January 2011

Holiday's over....

The kids go back to school this week and next depending where you are, of course if you're Australian you know when the kids are back, the weather gets hot as soon as they have to put their uniforms on. Two of my grandies went back today, three start at a new school on Friday and two will go back to high school on Monday next..
Tomorrow I'm taking Miss Emily out for the day, she had her 9th birthday on Jan 2nd and we decided that we would wait until they had moved and spend the day doing what she wanted. Emily's choice, lunch, shops and shopping, needless to say she's very excited. It really is amazingly good to have them back in Victoria, to be able to pop in and see them *just because* is lovely and I haven't really got used to it yet...!
I'm trying to get back into sewing mode, just before I finished Sarah's quilt I got what I thought was food poisoning...!! Turns out it was actually a side effect from a spider bite, yep, spider! More precisely a white tail spider. I've been on antibiotics for over two weeks and yes, it's healing, slowly. The medics tell me it could heal straight away or it could take months, I'm taking the early option. Positive thinking is the phrase of the day, it will heal quickly, but it did knock me around a fair bit and it's hard getting back into things..

My patchwork group doesn't start meeting until the 17th of Feb, so the girls are coming over here on Thursday, bringing lunch, I'll make a bit of a cake with a couple of candles as it's Norma's birthday on Wednesday...sshhh, don't tell her..! Food, chatter and maybe a bit of sewing, it will be lovely to catch up again after the summer break, it's a busy time of the year in the Southern Hemisphere, school holidays, Christmas, summer holidays, heat, Australia Day celebrations, then back to school for a new academic year.



Our second eldest grandson, Ryan, is off to Thailand next monday for 8 weeks. His school has a campus there and they have the opportunity to go to Chang Mai, work for the local community, at the local school helping with building even staying at the baby elephant orphanage and working with them. An amazing opportunity I know but I will miss him terribly, I shall miss his *what's happening dude?* when I see him..!


I did make the January block for my Bee Balm group today....

This is Tara's block, lovely block and easy to do too, last month was Sue's and she asked us all to make her some tree blocks, any kind of trees, just trees, so this was my contribution...

Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter..


It has been hot here for the last couple of days and they say it will stay like this for the rest of the week, about time too...! Time for some summer weather, dry up all that moisture from the big wet! Miss Martha is off to the groomers on Wednesday and Molly is going for the first time, that should be fun..! Photo's of her when she's looking all clean and cute I promise, she's growing like a weed and I can't believe that she was 4 month old yesterday, feels like she's been her forever.....

10 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

hope the bite heals quick..........they are really nasty and can hang around........

Rafael's Mum said...

Beautiful flowers Lizzie! I hope you feel better again soon. Amazing what such a little spider can do... brrrr... don't like them anyway... like them even less now!

Deb said...

I'm so glad the rest of your family are home Lizzie. Perth is so far!

Speedy recovery - spider- how scary.

Margaret said...

Ack! A spider bite?! Gosh, I hope you get the better quicker option and not the other! It must be nice to have everyone close by now. And school is starting -- wow! Seems to me you Aussies have a much more logical school calendar? I may be wrong, but it seems that way to me from talking to friends. Feel better! Have fun with your group Thursday!

Kate said...

Pesky spider, hope you're back to feeling yourself soon, Lizzie. You can tell school's back in Sydney by the dramatically increased traffic today. All the best for all your grandkids' school year - my "little one" is off to Uni this year...where did that time go?

Meredith said...

Love the trees. I hope you feel better. Here we have snow so I enjoy all the garden/flower photos.

baukje said...

I never heart of this spider? hope you are feeling better. Love your trees.

Catherine said...

Love Love Love the trees you've given me an idea for my Fresh n Funky Bee for this month :) which is themed trees.
Yes Philosopher is back to school next week too - and it's heating up here :)

Zev said...

I love the seasons-of-tree quilt blocks.

Micki said...

I love your block...It is so colorful...Well done!
Micki

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin