Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Lets do this....

You know, when Victoria was burning and lives were lost, everybody dug deep. People from all around this wonderful world sent help in one form or another, they are still helping. I didn't need any help, we weren't personally affected by the fires but Victoria is my home, it's where my parents, brothers, children, grandchildren and local friends call home and I love it dearly. When tragedy happens in our state and in our country we all hurt..! Right now our friends and countrymen and women in Queensland are hurting! A short time ago my youngest son and his lovely lady lived in an area of North Queensland that is flooded now, it could so easily have been my son and his little family that needed help..
Toni from here is co-ordinating an online auction with all proceeds to go to the Queensland Flood Appeal...





A couple of short years ago, my state was in trouble, now it's my turn to give back..! I've decided to join in and auction a complete set of BOM kits (pattern and fabric) for a quilt. I ordered this kit about a year and a half ago, paid for the kit each month and of course it's still sitting in the original envelopes it was posted in. It's called 'Geisha in the Moonlight', the fabric is amazingly gorgeous, I'll do the photo's this week and as soon as I hear back from Toni about how it will work, I'll put the photo's up..


So, come on, lets do this.... Lets show our friends we care....



10 comments:

Fiona said...

Thank you Lizzie - That is wonderful. It is heart breaking what is happening to our fellow country men and women.

Fiona said...

Thank you Lizzie - That is wonderful. It is heart breaking what is happening to our fellow country men and women.

Ann said...

Thank you Lizzie. It is shocking seeing what has happened in Queensland.

Sue said...

What a great idea. Well done Lizzie.
Floods on the East side and fires again over here in the West

Penny said...

God bless you Lizzie. Blogged about your auction.

Julie said...

i've said this to you before lizzie, but i'll say it again.... you are such a warm, generous soul! all those involved in this are.
this is what australia is all about. go us!
xox

Margaret said...

I just read about Toni's idea. It's wonderful, and you're wonderful to participate.

MosaicMagpie said...

I saw this on the news such devastation. I thought about you goat sisters and wondered if it was affecting you. Cheers, Lizzie for partitcipating in a positive effort to help.
Deb

Julia said...

Good on you Lizzie..
I can't believe all that water, and here we are needing rain..
I have two bags on auction..
Julia ♥

DeeDee said...

hey Lizzie

hoping you and your familya re safe fromteh floods..keeping my prayers for those who aren't... what a good casue you are supporting....

taek care and be safe

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin