Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Look...it's straight....

Phew! I was really beginning to think that I wouldn't be able to get it straight, one of you ( hi Jennie :o) said it would make an awesome floor cushion and I was starting to make plans for that I can tell you! But anyway, I kept going and it's finally starting to look OK....!!





I do like the black border, (I so love Moda's basic jelly rolls, so quick and easy to make a plain 2" border) I think it just gives the eye somewhere to rest a little.





What do you think, honest opinions only please? I was thinking of putting a 3" or 4" border of the green but looking at it in the photo's I think I might just finish it and bind it in black..
Decisions, decisions......! Help needed please, all suggestions gratefully accepted...
xxx

17 comments:

simple country living! said...

Happy New Year, Lizzie! I LOVE the black border & it will look awesome in the black binding! It so reminds me of the colorful quilts I see here in Hawai'i! And you're right: the black DOES give the eyes somewhere to rest! BEAUTIFUL!

paddysdaughter said...

Me? I would put another black strip around the edge and bind it in black.

Julie said...

Looks great Lizzie. Love the black, would look great finished with black binding.

Julia said...

Two Thumbs up Lizzie...spot on!
I think just black binding now to give it a nice finish..
Julia ♥

BubzRugz said...

It is just so lovely..... I agree with paddysdaughter.... this would then be like a double frame around a beautiful piece of art....
exquisite...
Hugz

Jodie said...

No advice from me lizzie , but WOW ! it's looking fantastic - love the black.

Frances Leate said...

It looks great Lizzie and if it was my quilt I would finish it as you suggested with the black binding. Take care!

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh yay, that was my suggestion about the floor cushion, you did brilliantly to square it up!! Love Posie

Rafael's Mum said...

It looks great! Just black binding is what I would have said too, unless you want it to be bigger of course, then keep going! The sky is the limit..

Julie said...

is that what you call ok?!!
i think you're a little genius and have made an absolute piece of art lizzie. the black border has made it. nope, no green border or any border.... just black binding like you said.
i knew this would be gorgeous and you didn't disappoint.
well done!
xoxox

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

I love it.
kim

Margaret said...

I love it! I think just the black binding would be great!

Cathy said...

It looks finished to me. Quilt it. and bind it in the black

Janet said...

It is lovely as is. I would bind it with the green.

elliesue said...

Definitely black binding.

Micki said...

I agree...I would finish it off with the black binding.It's looking great Lizzie!
Micki

Alison said...

Black kinding. Finish.
It is excellent.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin