Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Progress....

...of a sort anyway..!





It's still listing in the top corner but that's just the way I put it on the wall this morning..!
I've cut off the bottom section, cut 12" squares from the cut off bit, framed them in the paisley on three sides and it's ready to sew back on to the bottom which may become the top....or not!


It's still not straight I know, but I'm hoping to be able to rectify that somehow before I put the borders on, in the meantime the girl it's probably destined for is on her way to the airport in the falling snow, to begin the long trek home to Australia from Minnesota. Back to the heat of Western Australia then the big move back to Victoria and family in less than three weeks...yaaaay! I can't wait to have them back here again. But I had better get serious about this quilt hadn't I? Not today though, I'm going on a picnic with some local bloggy friends. OK, I have to say that a picnic in Ballarat today is going to be somewhat cool, right now my fingers are frozen, the temp this morning in my part of the world was only 8C when I got up..........sigh! Summer in Victoria, always unpredictable but this year even more so...
Gotta go make picnic food :o)
xxx

8 comments:

Margaret said...

It looks so pretty! Hope it works out and the snowy one gets home safely. Have fun on the picnic!

Julie said...

lovin' it lizzie! i knew you'd do something fantastic with it.
please send you gorgeous weather up to me? 28 right now and so humid. ick!
enjoy your picnic, sounds lovely.
xox

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

I am liking that quilt!
kim

Sue-Anne said...

It looks fantastic Lizzie!!!! You are so clever.

It is not freezing here today, expected top of 32oc I think but at least it is nice and dry and not humid. Have fun on your picnic.

Rafael's Mum said...

Quilt is coming along fine! Hope you enjoy your picknick.. take a bodywarmer! xx

Annie said...

Great to see you today Lizzie, and I love those fabrics. You are a brave woman cutting and re sewing, but it's going to be a good result.

Micki said...

I love the quilt...It is so pretty!
Micki

Esther said...

that is looking wonderful...so vibrant...can't wait to see it finished

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin