Sunday, 23 January 2011

Ta Dah............

I love ta dah moments, don't you..? I finished Sarah's quilt this morning (I still have to stitch the label on) despite suffering for the last two days with the worst case of food poisoning that I have ever have..! Don't ask, it's not a pretty picture, I'm much improved and 3 kilos lighter, but not the greatest way to spend the weekend...





I stitched the last side of the binding on at 7 this morning, threw it in the washer for a quick rinse, I don't usually wash my quilts before I give them away but I had done a fair bit of unpicking on the black border so I needed to wash the marks away..!





There's nothing really straight about this quilt, well except for the borders! I know she will love it because of all it's imperfections, that's just like my youngest girl, she loves things that have an individuality about them....


I was trying to get a couple of shots to show you the backing I used......





..and the camera hog had to get in the picture too! Would you look at that tongue..?





She sees a camera and she sits (vbg) truly, it's so funny. It's all 'look at me I'm so cute', really....??





...just about to lift her back leg and scratch, isn't it funny how they close their eyes when they are having a good scratch...or is it just an idiosyncrasy of my dogs..?





Anyway, I really like it now. I'm so glad I persevered and did something with it instead of letting it sit in the cupboard as an unloved UFO..! I know she will love and cherish it for a long long time...




Don't forget to check out Toni's auction master list,  (I don't know why my links are small, they just won't increase, strange!) only a day left to get your bids in! The raffles are open a bit longer I think, I've done my donating and left my receipt numbers on the raffles I want hope to win :o) and I've been outbid on a few things but the one I really, really want to win I'm in the lead I think, fingers crossed..!

OK, I'm off to make a cake now, Sarah and the four grandchildren are spending their last day in Perth today, yesterday they had a farewell party on the Rockingham foreshore......




(sarah on the left)
hugs from great neighbours and friends... 



(Eden is second on the right)
..time for a last swim with school friends..



(Sam is facing)
...last tearful hugs...





..and reluctant ones too from a five year old Matthew...



(Sam and her very best friend Lauren)
...smiles too for best friends and friendships that will last thanks to email, texting and Facebook and Skype, it's a small world now....


It's hard when you're a kid to uproot and move away, but for this Mum and Nana it's a good time, I'm happy my girl will be home amongst family, I'm happy that I will have all but one of my gorgeous grandchildren in the same state, I'm happy we will be able to help in any way we can and I'm happy that in February her divorce will be final and she can move onwards and upwards.....AND I'm happy that tomorrow we're having Christmas all over again...!!

23 comments:

Margaret said...

It's just gorgeous! OMG! And the backing too! Your Molly is a definite camera hog. lol! But I think all our pets love to be in the shot, don't they? Sorry to hear about your food poisoning. Ugh. Not a good thing! Hope it's totally gone now. As for the auctions, haven't been able to go for them, but I've been doing the raffles! Love the pics of your loved ones. I bet you'll be glad to have everyone so close!

Janet said...

It is absolutely beautiful. I love it! Hope you're feeling all better.

Maree: said...

I'm So Glad you will have your Family back around you Liz...
Gorgeous Quilt I love that it is not straight either...but not as Gorgeous as Your Molly...Adorable.
Have a Great Week...I'm sure you Will...oh & Yes you are leading in the Bid still...
cheers

Sarah@PingsAndNeedles said...

So stunning - I would love if someone made me something so beautiful. I'm so pleased you persevered with it ... doing the wave cut absolutely makes it!

Well done :) Lovely ... can't stop saying how fab it is ...

Celia said...

Your quilt looks really nice and unique!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

That's the most unique quilt I've seen in a while...I love it! It looks like a bed to me, with pillows at the top and a sash laying across it. She's a lucky girl. I'm sure she'll adore it!

taylorsoutback said...

The quilt turned out so well - it is a happy quilt...good for you!

And that little Molly continues to charm her audience!!

Be well.

Kali said...

I totally love the quilt Lizzie..well done you! But do I love the quilt best or little Molly..have to give that some thought. And what fabulous news that your daughter and grandies are coming home..doesn't get any better than that.

Melody said...

What a spectacular quilt , so beautiful.

baukje said...

The quilt is beautiful, good work!!! Little doggie is flirting with us I think. I am happy for you that things will be okay within some time for your daughter and her children. Take care

Catherine said...

that quilt is just gorgeous - she will LOVE it!
xxx

Rafael's Mum said...

Lizzie I'm speechless! This quilt could so hop right into Kaffe's book Caravan of Quilts! I can see it on a travellers wagon, don't you? It's one of my favourites ever!

Julie said...

Breathtaking (quite literally) Lizzie. She will LOVE it.

Cathy said...

I have to say Lizzie, this quilt is a masterpiece! I had to go back and read how you came to make it and I'm impressed. I love it. Very stunning quilt. Love the quilt hog and hope you and your family have a wonderful 'Christmas' tomorrow (and that you are so over your horrible stomach bug!). xo

Leanne said...

What a wonderful quilt so bright and fresh I am sure Sarah will cherish it. I also love your extra in the shoot she is so very cute.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

It is so beautiful! And of course, Molly too.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

I. Love. That. Quilt.

kim

Anita said...

It's gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant and rich, I just love it!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Love the quilt - good on you for perservering! Love the photo hog too by the way. Re the size of your links - if you go into Dashboard, then Design, then Template Designer and click on Advance you will see that you can select various sections of your blog and chagne the text format. Hope that helps.

Julia said...

it's just goregous Lizzie...well worth that extra effort..
Ah..good old Rockingham beach..not too far from me, looks like they had a great time. Sarah looks like you, wishing them all a safe journey home to you....
Julia ♥

Marls said...

Lizzie that has turned into the most amazing quilt. Good on you for not giving up on it.
It will be wonderful to have the family back on the east side of the country. Have a great"Christmas".

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous quilt...Well done on a a fabulous finish!

Patricia said...

Your quilt is so amazing, wonderful colours. Great Job.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin