Thursday, 24 March 2011

It's that time of the year again, our local quilt show is on this weekend. It's always a really good weekend, albeit a very busy one and we're hoping to top the over 1000 visitors we had last year. There's a very nice little blurb on the Homespun Blog here about the show. If you can make it up on Saturday or Sunday, come and say hi, I'll be there all weekend....


You won't be able to miss me, I've been making name tags for us. The theme this year is Summer Daze, so I've made Dazzies ! You know Daisies :o)



Cute huh...!!


This taken from the Ballarat Events Website...



Ballan Quilt and Craft Show 2011
The theme for the 2011 Quilt and Craft Show is “Summer Daze” Our local community always provides such a diverse and high quality range of entries which make our displays truly memorable to all who visit. Devonshire teas and other yummy food available Entry - $5.00 Saturday 26th March 10am – 4pm Sunday 27th March 10am – 3:30pm At the Ballan Primary School Gymnasium, Steiglitz Street (via Duncan Street), Ballan


Contact Ballan Quilt and Craft Show Committee
Phone Megan 53682106 or Karen 0419419530
Email ballanquiltshow@hotmail.com


Start Date Saturday 26 March 2011
End Date Sunday 27 March 2011
Event Duration 2 Days


Agenda
Day 1
Saturday 26 March 2011
Start Time 10:00 AM
End Time 4:00 PM
Cost $5
Agenda The Annual Ballan Autumn Festival with country market and stalls is on the Saturday
Location Ballan Primary School Gymnasium, Steiglitz Street (via Duncan Street), Ballan


Day 2
Sunday 27 March 2011
Start Time 10:00 AM
End Time 3:30 PM
Cost $5
Agenda
Location Ballan Primary School Gymnasium, Steiglitz Street (via Duncan Street), Ballan

Do you remember this little baby......



...it won me a first prize last year...! I'm not expecting anything this year though, I do have a couple of quilts in but really just for the fun of it.


Hope to see you there over the weekend, looks like it's going to be cold and wet so what better way to spend it than looking at some awesome work.....


Oh yes, there's lots of trading tables too....sigh, stash building coming up....
xxx


ps.....nearly forgot, there's a quilt raffle too, gotta love that.........

11 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Have a great time, Lizzie!

Sue said...

Good luck with your quilt show Lizzie, I hope the weather doesn't keep the crowds away. I do remember your Circus quilt, it's lovely to see it again.

Kate said...

Here's hoping you exceed your 1000 visitors by a long shot, Lizzie. All the best for a successful weekend.
We have NSW election on Saturday and my friend's Antique Quilt Big Day Out on Sunday...should be fun!

Lynne said...

Ooo, I'd love to visit but Sydney to Ballarat is quite a distance!! Hope it all goes well and can't wait to see more photos.

Connie said...

My guild show here in the USA is also having their annual quilt show this weekend. I'm going down there today to help with preparations (I'm having fun helping!). Good luck with your show, I hope you have a tremendous turn-out with lots of people attending, and hope we have the same.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Have fun! Good luck!!
kim

Margaret said...

Have a great time! I love your name tags! Wish I could come.

Lurline said...

I do so love your quilt from last year - Clever Girl! Hope you have lots of fun!
Lurline♥

taylorsoutback said...

Your circus quilt is adorable! Hoping your quilt show weekend went well...ours is coming up this September - always a ton of work and then collapsing the week after!
Thanks for dropping by earlier - I sure have enjoyed your summer/flower images during our very long winter...

m.e (Cathie) said...

ooh, all I can say is WOW, your quilt is amazing!
goodluck with it and have fun ♥

quiltjude said...

You have a lovely blog, and I think the quilt of the circus scene is just brilliant :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin