Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Isn't she lovely.....




...with apologies to Stevie Wonder, but she is isn't she..? I bought this book a little while ago from the Book Depository...





..I wasn't actually looking for this one but it found me, you know that happens to you too don't you..? I had to have it!! Really I did :o)
I've been gathering supplies, well, I already had most of them to be honest but I wanted to do the background in black cotton. The one in the book is dark blue wool but I don't want it that heavy. I knew that I wanted a black with depth, not just flat black and I found it here



...only not on the web, it's my local quilt shop. Sue has just finished restoring the old Masonic Lodge next door to the cottage and last weekend was the opening of Millrose Quilts and Gallery and if you get the chance come up and have a look, it's well worth it. Anyway I digress, the gorgeous cream fabric is from Eureka Patchwork in Ballarat where you can get the best range of fabulous Japanese fabrics at very reasonable prices. I already had that (stash busting right?) and I already had all these...





..gorgeous felted wools. Since I took this photo I've changed my mind about the canvas on the right, I'm just going to use wool for the applique. I still need more wool (you knew that was coming didn't you?) and I'll have a look at the Quilted Crow girls at the AQC (Australasian Quilt Convention) in two weeks time, oh yes, Sue from Millrose will be there, stand 189 I think. Go say hi and tell her Liz sent you!





Isn't it lovely? I can't wait to get into it but I have one more quilt to finish first...sigh, then I can get to it. I'm really excited about doing this and I haven't been that way for a while.
Gotta go deliver some meals to Mum and Dad today, they cancelled the Meals on Wheels last week as they said it wasn't very nice lately, so guess who the new Meals on Wheels is...? Also going to see the boy today, he arrived back from Thailand on Saturday and I'm so looking forward to catching up after school today..


C U later dudes (see the boys influence already ) :o)
xxx

15 comments:

Khris78 said...

Oh that is lovely .... i love working with wool :)
Think i may have to buy that book :)

Catherine said...

Please Please Please do NOT recommend any more books to me LOL LOL LOL although this one DOES look lovely!!

Faeryfay said...

Ooooh what a fabulous find Lizzie! I love felt. Just gorgeous!

Lynne said...

Don't you just love the excitement that comes with a new project?

DD and I are taking our first "real" class in patchwork/quilting this weekend.

Margaret said...

Oh my! It's gorgeous!!!!!!! Oh I'm envious! I want some of that felted wool too! lol! I've been so tempted to do some wool applique. Have fun catching up with the Thailand wanderer! Hope being the meals on wheels lady isn't too hard on you. :D

glossyxox said...

Ohh I love the wool applique. Did a Sue Spargo workshop and Im addicted, like Khrissy I think I will have to get a copy too !!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Lizzie!

In answer to your question - YES!!! She IS lovely!! :-)

I'm going to be heading up to the AQC as well - fancy catching up for a coffee if we go on the same day?

Hugs sweetie!
Vikki xoxoxo

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I just love the colours! This is going to be fabulous and lovely!! :o)

Cathy said...

Wow Lizzie, she is lovely ( and now I've got that song stuck in my head..thanks!!!). Absolutely gorgeous cream background, this is stunning. xo

taylorsoutback said...

Your felted wools are scrumptious! Love all those pennies, too...

We have Meals on Wheels here too and my folks gave it up also...just didn't like the offerings...now we try to get them up for dinner when possible or make extra and take it down...so hard to see my Mom not cooking after so many memories of good meals at home.

baukje said...

Lovely book and your bundles of wool felt are so yummie.....

Maree: said...

I Love working with Wool Too..This Book looks Gorgeous & so does your block...
looking forward to seeing more..
cheers

Teresa said...

CUTE new project! What a lovely bright and happy version from a great book!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Betsy said...

I Love it Lizzie, Thanks fro sending the link here , Now I am gonna have to go through all your posts and become an obsessed fan :)
Isnt it horrible how those fabrics and sewing books just simply have to go home with you? Its harder than saying no to than a child in the cereal isle.
erica - Heavens to Betsy

Robin Hill Quilts~Eileen G. said...

L0ve the wool!!!! And the motif is so pretty with your handsome birds~have fun with this one Lizzie!!
♥ Eileen

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin