Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Millrose.....

I told you the other week about my new local quilt shop didn't I? Well I finally got around to taking some photo's to show you...





...I was meeting some friends to show them our new lunch and shop spot (I like that, lunch and shop!) but I forgot my big guns camera so had to resort to the point and shoot thing that lives in the glove box for emergency's, so please bear with me....sigh, I couldn't get the arty shots that I love. I might have to go back and do it all again :o)


Don't you love the colour of the door, can't miss it even on a grey day...






When you walk through the door, this is the room you see first. Remember I told you that it used to be a Masonic Lodge, still a little of the symbolism around, no secret handshakes though...
This is the classroom and gallery. Light, bright and airy, lots of windows and quilts lining the walls...





..books...





..patterns, gorgeous Cosmo threads...





..quilting threads, then round the corner into a second, or is that third room to....





...rows and rows of fabric and the lovely Annie being spoilt for choice....





..you could be forgiven for thinking that Jodie was having some trouble with choice too..



..greens....



....pinks.....



....whites and creams and homespuns....



...the luxury of Liberty...



...owls and trees....



...and fabulous Kaffe's...



...fabrics to make your quilty heart bump...



Hmmmm, I wonder who this belongs to?



A little corner to sit and recover before you wander next door for coffee and cake...


All in all a lovely day out. Come drive up, it's only an hour from Melbourne. The trees are all red and liquid gold, leaves line the streets, we don't have traffic lights and you won't have trouble parking. I'll meet you for coffee...!!!


You can visit the website HERE but I really think you should come see for yourself, you'll fall in love with my local..


Millrose Quilting & Gallery
Main Road Ballan
92 Inglis St
Ballan, Vic.

20 comments:

Cathy said...

Yep, I'm sold, I will drive up one day and visit you and your new gorgeous shop!! xo

Chookyblue...... said...

looks beautiful..............enjoy visiting..........

Seams Sew Together said...

Looks gorgeous will have to visit.

Quilt Station said...

oooooh lovely and so close...trip to Ballan coming up. Thanks for sharing. BTW...still great pics.

Bernadette said...

Wonderful photos Lizzie even if you didn't have your favourite camera.

Julie said...

What a gorgeous shop Lizzie. Could be worth a road trip one day.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

It all looks and sounds perfect.
kim

Margaret said...

What a lovely shop! I wish I could visit! It's been years since I've been in a good quilt store. I so miss browsing the shelves for fabric. Sigh.

Maree: said...

Thanks for sharing a Beautiful & Spacious Shop...it all looks Fab...
cheers

Lynne said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I want some of that owl fabric! *sigh*

~Laurie~ said...

Oh Lizzie! I've decided that my very first stop on my Australian trip (whenever that miracle happens!!) will be your house and then we can go to mill rose! What a beautiful shop! I love the look - I love how the aisles are wide - the colors - I love the whole shop! Thank you so much for sharing this LQS - it was a beautiful day!

Melody said...

Ooh, not too far from Melbourne's northern suburbs - it looks fabulous

Quilt Kitty said...

Looks lovely Lizzie! Tracee xx

Marls said...

What a wonderful shop. Shame it's a little far away-or maybe that's a good thing (for the wallet anyway)!

Jeanette said...

oh wow Lizzie. I think i'm jealous. The store looks so beautiful with lots to look at & choose from. Just as well it's to far away from me. :) Happy Stitching,

Sue said...

What a great shop. Your pics are gorgeous. Maybe we'll have to go there when I come over for next years AQC???

Jodie said...

I say we shedule a blog-meet and then have lunch next door ! It was a great trip and Annie and I are certain to be coming back (again and again)

Kate said...

hey Lizzie, is that the Ballan near here?
I had no idea.
Looks amazing.
Let me know next time you are heading over and I'll come too.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful easter. xx

Vireya said...

I'm amazed. I regularly stop in Ballan for morning tea and to change drivers on trips to Ballarat and/or Lal Lal. I never knew this place existed until seeing it on your (and Jodie's) blog.

Erica said...

Yep, it looks amazing! Bit far for me to come, but you are very lucky.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin