Friday, 6 May 2011

Back on track....

...well, nearly!
I decided that as much as I really, really wanted to just do my Pennies quilt, I really, really want to finish my Sue Spargo 'Crimson Tweed' too...! So that's what I'm going to do. This is what I finished last night...





This was block 5. I've already done block 6, the snowflakes. Have a look, isn't it going to be beautiful...



There are some flying geese to go on the plain grey blocks yet and the big rectangular hole is for the next block which is this...



..the Christmas Tree. The green is a bit paler than the one in the BoM pack, but it was too short!! The piece was about 2" too short to cut the tree out of, a bit disappointing but too late to do anything about it now. Luckily I had a fairly big bit of green wool, I'm sure it will look just as good when all the decorations are on it...
I'm really enjoying not having anything that 'has' to be finished by a deadline for a while, not long, there are a couple of quilts in the pipeline but for the minute I can just sit and stitch...just because..!



13 comments:

Jodie said...

Lizzie, I especially love the snowflakes!

Quiet Quilter said...

I don't like deadlines either..unfortunately, sometimes I create the deadline myself..it is nice to go at your own speed, however....

Sue said...

That's so yummy. Much better than boring ol' machine quilting anyday!

Stacey said...

Just lovely, I was only looking on the Sue Spargo website this morning thinking...should I or shouldn't I....I think I should!!!

Julie said...

testing...

Julie said...

argh!!! sorry lizzie. blogger was being, well blogger again and wouldn't let me comment.

my original comment was:
oooh-la-laaaah! she's gonna be a beauty for sure!

xoxox

Margaret said...

Oh it's going to be wonderful!!!! It already is! How beautiful! I love it! Bummer about that green fabric though. :( Can't wait to see more! You deserve some time to sew something you want to sew with no deadline!

Cheri said...

The grey backgrounds are very unique, I think the blocks are very pretty. I totally agree, it is so nice to just sew with no deadlines, I am near that, but not quite, maybe a couple more weeks.
I enjoyed all your recent posts of the GKs.
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

simplestitches said...

wow, that is looking wonderful!

CHRIS said...

Hi Lizzie, Love your Sue Spargo is that a BOM. I've been making Ginger Grove for a couple of seasons now. Last year I did a workshops with Sue.(You can see her on my blog) It was fabulous she is so nice and had lots of her work to show and lots of goodies to buy. Now the weather has cooled I will get on again. Hugs Chris.

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, the colors are so bright!! You'll be so proud when you finish this!! Glad you are stitching for yourself.

Vireya said...

That's a cute-looking quilt!

Jen said...

Lizzie, that quilt is rather beautiful I love the myriad of colours and can't wait to see the finished product (no deadline there so feel no pressure!). It really is a lovey piece though.
xxxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin