Friday, 27 May 2011

Morning Tea....

...yesterday was this..





..and it tasted even better than it looks..!!
I didn't get a photo of us all (I think about 50 something) standing outside with our vanilla slices! All holding them up to make a huge line down the road, but the photographer from the local paper was there and I hear the photo will be in next week, so I'll show you then! After tea and cake some of us trooped next door to Millrose Quilt shop for a sit and sew in Sue's fabulous room. A huge cup and saucer sat on the counter for donations for the Cancer Society and the day was well worth the donations I made...





..ladies knitting, crocheting, sewing on the machine and hand sewing of course..





..how could you not have an amazing day when you are surrounded by this..





..new bolts of fabric waiting to be catalogued and put away..





...and here's Karen..





..she's trying to get her quilt quilted before she heads off on her adventurous holiday trecking Italy in a few weeks (nurses tape makes good line markers obviously?).


Did you notice that I've changed my header -again! I know, I know, you just get used to one and I change it again....sigh! But I've been doing a mini course with Kim Klassen, I love textures, really I do.....

Right, I'm off to stitch the yellow and red balls on the Christmas tree on my Crimson Tweed quilt and then guess what...? The top will be finished...!!! I sat yesterday and stitched the tiny aqua dots on the holly leaves and then the last 60 red berries on at the sit and sew. Borders are finished just got that tree to finish (velvet baubles, fun) and then I can sandwich and quilt....! I'm ridiculously excited!!
Back to the docs tomorrow and probably more antibiotics I think. My leg is improving but so, so slowly. Still infected and very, very tender. I'm over it now, really I am, I just want it better and get on with things......
xxx

19 comments:

Maree: said...

Love the New Header..Looked like a Great Day looking forward to seeing the newspaper clip of all those Gorgeous Vanilla Slices...
cheers

Jen said...

I am hoping your leg heals soon Lizzie. Sometimes it takes a while for the inflammation to settle so be patient just a little bit longer....
The Vanilla Slice looks just to die for....was it home made by someone there or next time I'm up may I sample some at the Millrose Tea Shop?
Does everyone bring their own sewing machines or are they available for use at the centre?
Much love, xxxx

Margaret said...

I hope that leg gets all back to normal soon. Ugh. Love your new header -- looks like some of my favorite kind of quilting thread? Looks like fun at the quilt shop for sure! Can't wait to see the crimson tweed finish! So when you finish a wool applique quilt, what happens? Is that it? No backing or anything??

mdgtjulie said...

It looks like a lot of fun, Lizzie. Everyone all hanging out with their stitching and sewing... Glad you enjoyed it. I hope your leg starts healing faster. Infections are no fun. They just make you feel blah. And hey, if changing the header on a regular basis makes you happy, then go for it!!

beebee said...

Hooks like a great day to spend with sewing friends. Would love to do something like that here.
I pray your leg heals soon.
Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

beebee said...

Looks. Not. Hook!
LOL

Nancy said...

I am drooling. What was that?!!!

Lynne said...

Oh, I so want to be there (even if it is over!) - all that crafting in such a lovely setting!

Glad to hear your leg is on the mend - get well soon.

Sue said...

What a great day, sore leg and all. Good luck with Crimson Tweed...I'm looking forward to seeing pics of it.

Julia said...

Hope your leg is on the mend Lizzie..
What a fun day,,,and yum morning tea..boy, do I have a sweet tooth,
Julia ♥

CHRIS said...

Love it all Lizzie. Happy Days. Chris xx

Jodie said...

Looks like a great day and i love the just wing it fabric.
I do hope your leg gets a wriggle-on in the mending department...

Margaret said...

Vanilla Slice --- Some good , some bad, however yurs looks absoloutly fabulous, and isn't that a nice way to raise funds for cancer projects.

The quilt is yummy too.

Too many eggs said...

What a great day you had, the Vanilla slice looks super yummy...

wish i was at the stitching day it looks great

hope you are up and around soon

love your new header, it looks great i am off to look at the Kim Klassen link

hester said...

Hi Lizzie - found your lovely blog via Beck at Dandelion. I'm a beginner quilter so loved seeing what you have been doing. I especially love the quilt on your kitchen table as a tablecloth. I have two small girls so wouldn't be game to risk the spilt juice/milk. Hope your leg mends very soon.

Bronwyn said...

I would have loved to see all of those gooey slices! A group of us stayed in Hepburn Springs last weekend and did trips to Ballan to visit this lovely store! Plans to bring the family back to visit Ballan, have some yummy food and "oh my gosh a fabric store next door?" hehe Get better soon! Love the new header - very dreamy and oh so country - fabulous!

Bronwyn said...

I would have loved to see all of those gooey slices! A group of us stayed in Hepburn Springs last weekend and did trips to Ballan to visit this lovely store! Plans to bring the family back to visit Ballan, have some yummy food and "oh my gosh a fabric store next door?" hehe Get better soon! Love the new header - very dreamy and oh so country - fabulous!

Teresa said...

Looks like a lovely day, Lizzie! I'm almost caught up with Bee Balm - one more block then it's off to the post office! We'll see if Blogger let's me post this...it has been a major pain lately. Keep taking care of your leg...healing infections always takes so long...make sure you take all your antibiotics!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Sandra Henderson said...

Wonderful day! How fun!!! gorgeous room, filled with laughing, chatting, smiles, fragrances of tea and vanilla. Ahhhh....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin