Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Trivia....

Yesterday the girls went to the groomers, I have to take photo's 'cos they look so cute and clean and sweet....





..for this one it only lasts for a day, the ribbon has gone already..! We'll find it under a chair or cupboard when I (or the railway man) clean next. Miss Martha is a little more ladylike and her ribbon will last for days..





..well, it will if Miss Molly doesn't get her teeth around it..!


My friend Margaret got a little toy Singer for Mothers Day and I promised I would show her mine when Blogger stopped misbehaving, it did, so here's my little Singers..





..and..





They're beauties aren't they Margaret??


The last one I have the box for but I don't keep it in the box, I like to see it. They both sit on my black dresser amongst my fabric and are perfectly at home. I, like Margaret, would love a whole collection but I'm glad I've only got the two!! You know what we mean don't you..?


Talking of sewing and fabric :o) here's my Japanese fabric all cut up ready to go.





I'm using this gorgeous brown slub fabric for the background instead of black. There are three of us making this at my Patchwork group and we're all doing it with a different background so it should be interesting. I'm making two at the same time and the other is a sort of buttery cream background, I'm not going to show you that one as it's for someone special to do something special with...
I know, it's a bit like the butler in the conservatory isn't it, just a snippet and nothing more! I'll tell you all about it when it's finished, remind me...! :o)
I've finished the tree on my Crimson Tweed, should have taken a photo, but I didn't and I just can't be bothered now, I'll take one when I've put the star on it'll be more interesting then anyway. Do any of you subscribe to the Quilt Show? I don't but I just watched the latest episode with Sue Spargo (there was a link with her newsletter) and her work is just so inspiring, I really enjoyed it. Is it worth subscribing?


I'm off down to Geelong tomorrow, there's a new person in our family circle I have to meet! Our daughter Sarah has a new partner in her life and I haven't met him yet..! Not so strange really, he only arrived on Monday from Minneapolis. This man has left all his friends and family behind, has travelled half way around this planet to be with our girl...! He's left everything he knows and loves for an instant family that he's never met and you know what the best thing is...? He makes our girl happy. He makes her smile when she talks about him, I can't ask better than that can I?


(If you're a long time reader here, you'll know that Sarah has met Matthew, several times, and they've known one another a long time. She's been several times to Minneapolis, the last time for her first white Christmas just a few months ago. I would hate for you to think this is a 'never met in real life dating thing'. As I read this back I realised that that's just what it sounded like.)


Just to finish, this made me smile a little while ago, Miss Martha was doing this....





..while Miss Molly was doing this..





...watching the planes fly over..!! Such a baby still......

19 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Sounds as if you have all your ducks in a row..er, machines, that is...Love the hints as to what will be..and your plane watcher is ever on the alert, right?

Julie said...

hiya lizzie. well aren't your little machine so cute? not as cute as the other 2 beauties though. i never tire of seeing photos of them. :)
what is slub fabric? i've never heard of it....

much happiness to your girl, sounds like wonderful new beginnings for her.

xoxoxo

Sue said...

Well Lizzie with your cooking and quiltmaking, supervising family romances and having the poochies freshened up it's like you are firing on all four cylinders again.
good to see.

Kathie said...

oh they look adorable!!!!
love those little sewing machines, I am tempted to start collecting them too!
Kathie

Annie said...

Hi Lizzie,
Loved looking at your babies - and their ribbons. Are you going to Ballan on Sat???? and is the old old machine still a goer for mum for the motor?

Jen said...

I wish you all well, especially Sarah, the ever lovely Sarah, and Matthew. The girls look like perfect little ladies post shampoo and fluff up. Can't wait for Stuart to have the same... xxxx

baukje said...

Hi Lizzie, the pict of the ladies are gorgeous.... What are you going to make with the japanese fabric, I think I have almost the same but could not decide yet.
I am happy for you and your daughter ......

Margaret said...

Oh I love the sewing machines!!! Fantastic! The black one looks really old too! Love the groomed doggies -- so cute! Yes, Molly is still a baby, isn't she? It's fun to see the baby come out once in a while. :D That Japanese fabric is just gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what you make. Hope you show off the other version when you can too! And Sarah and Matthew -- that's so exciting! So is this a permanent move for Matthew then? I bet he'll have fun settling into his new home. Australia sounds so great to me.

Sue B said...

lovely lovely lovely
Lovely dogs.
Lovely sewing machines
Lovely fabric on your dresser

Leanne said...

Very cute babies looking nice and clean for a while at least.

Jodie said...

have a great time Lizzie, hope he is not too nervous !

ann hermes said...

I love the Japanese fabrics--I've always wanted to give it a try.

Laurie in Iowa said...

I love your toy sewing machines. One day I'll have one of my own too. Your pups are so adorable.

Lynne said...

I have friends who met "online" somehow and have now been married more than ten years. She flew from USA, got married, and two days later went back. It took ten months to get the correct residency visa for herself and two sons!

Good luck to Sarah and Matthew; long may he make her smile!

Sew Useful Designs said...

My little Rosie and I have been "aahhhing" over the pics of your two furry kids - they are just the cutest! I love your photos Lizzie!!!

your wee sewing machines are drop dead gorgeous! I was eyeing one off on ebay last week but it went for $100! I love seeing your fabric stash too Lizzie!

Lots of love!!!!
Vikki xoxoxoxoox

CHRIS said...

Hi Lizzie,your pooches show a remardable resemblence to my two. I can't send you a pic cos they are tragically in need of a groom. My lady has stopped so I must find a new one hence putting it off. xx chris.

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

Lovely little ladies.
Mine seems to find the dirt when I'm planting in the garden.
Love the Singer collection too.
Susan

mdgtjulie said...

Your girls look good with their bows. I hope you have a good trip and really like your DD's new partner!!

Sandra Henderson said...

HA!~Had to look and look, thought her EAR was sticking up while watching the planes! lol It is her tail. lol Goodness, what sweet babies you have.
Love your little sewing machines, they are true gems.
Gorgeous fabrics

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin