Wednesday, 8 June 2011

From my window this morning....




Cold, early morning winter sunshine on the trees and can you see, snow on the hilltop...
It's not a great quality photo I'm afraid, Railway Son borrowed my big bad 300mm zoom lens, so all I'm left with is a little extension zoom thingy..!! Hmm, I think he's in Mt Isa (North Queensland) today so he'd better get some good pics is all I can say..!
I thought we might have had some snow on the ground this morning, it snowed yesterday and I know it snowed on and off overnight, but obviously the ground just wasn't cold enough for it to settle yet..
I think I have to get The Railway Man to cut that little Pussy Willow back to the ground again, we do it every couple of years as we don't want to lose the view of the hill. It's a willow so it just grows back and we treat it as a shrub. He'll pop the cut branches in the ground along the boundary fence and eventually we'll have a hedge of pussy willow trees right around the 4 acres..!!


I'm making great progress on my Crimson Tweed, do you want to see, hang on and I'll go take a little pic....






..or two..





...or three..



I'm loving quilting this, you can see that I chose to go with the Perle thread in a slightly icy blue colour. It blends well with all the different greys...


Brr, I had to come back in quick smart as it's still only zero degrees out there and I'm still in PJ's..! The sun is lovely coming through the Birch trees though so I couldn't resist just snapping this....





Diamonds of light sparkling in the Birch tree...sigh! Winter just has so much beauty of it's own..


OK, so my feet are cold 'cos they got wet out there so I'm off to warm up..
xxx





17 comments:

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Thanks for sharing your morning, makes me feel warmer here, we never see snow. Beautiful photos. I can see why you keep the willow trimmed.

Lynne said...

I agree, winter has beauty of its own but I dislike being cold intensely!

Sue said...

Yikes! Cold mornings are much nicer to see than feel. Loving your new quilt.

Kali said...

Lizzie your photos are so beautiful, especially the last one of ice and water on the willow. your quilt is looking pretty fantastic too :) It's freezing here in Tassie too with wind and sleet. But I would rather have the cold than the heat any day!

Betweens said...

gorgeous quilt with wonderful quilting.
I am so thankful for your winter pictures the sun worshippers are happy here but I miss the snow and cold... so these help...
Enjoy your quilting and curl your feet under it... Looking forward to viewing out your window again

Leanne said...

Brrrrrr is all I can say. Lovely snaps as always I need more convincing about winter I am such a frog. Love your quilting.

Margaret said...

I'm drooling over your quilt. It's just scrumptious! Hope you've warmed up by now! Your garden is beautiful as always. I'll send some of the heat down there, would love some of your cold. lol!

mdgtjulie said...

Lovely pics. And your quilt looks fab!!

Kate said...

Pretty good photos for a "little zoom thing" is all I can say! I always enjoy your lovely photography.

Judith said...

It seems funny you talking about winter, cold and snow when we are just getting into hot sunny summer out here in Greece. A willow hedge sounds good to me.

The quilt is looking lovely. I would love to make something like that but at the moment I just have not got time. I have some sewing jobs lined up and a handfull of ufo's to clear before I start anything else.

Hope you have warmed up now enjoy your day.

retdairyqueen said...

Love the photos even if they are taken with the wrong camera
Still look pretty good
We have a biting wind here today

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Beautiful photos- I love the colours in the first one.
Your quilt is looking great.
Keep warm - and enjoy the coming of winter, although I am glad we still have summer to enjoy first :-)

Jen said...

Beautiful Lizzie...amazing that such cold weather can create so much beauty. And tell me....why are your feet bare out in the cold huh? xxxx

Appalachian Quilts said...

Breathtaking view! We are in the beginnings of summer here--temps today should hit 100!

Judith said...

Love THE view and your quilt is even better! Weird that you are having winter while we are having summer. I have been following you for quite some time, really like your blog.

moollin said...

The quilt is beautiful........don't you just love Sue Spargo.
After Winter I long for Summer......After Summer i long for Winter. Hooray for seasons!!

baukje said...

Love your Crimson Tweed, I also like handquilting , it's such a meditation..... I am looking forward in which way Sue's italien trip will inspire her for new patterns!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin