Tuesday, 28 June 2011

From my window...

...this morning..





...heavy wet mist which made for awesome photo's of this..





..and this..





It's clear now, deceptively sunny and cold.


The Railway Man has just rung to say he's picked up our new doors, the one's we won on ebay on Sunday, they really are lovely and we think that the doors are around 100 years old, the screens are obviously a new addition..





..heres the photo from ebay, I'll update it when we start to put them in this week. I'm really excited to be finally getting rid of the horrible aliminium and glass sliding door that was here when we moved in nine years ago. Because we're on acres we never ever actually use our 'front' door and the glass doors at the back lead straight into the lounge room. It's going to be fabulous to have a small hallway area with the doors to the verandah, all those cold (and hot) winds won't blow straight into the room anymore...awesome...

15 comments:

Fiona said...

Love your new doors - They are going to look great at your place. That view could have been at my lace this morning - Very similar.

Hugs - Fee X

Lynne said...

Lovely doors - they sure will look different to a sliding aluminium door!

Anita said...

What a lovely view, it looks like something out of a Jane Austin movie. Very rarely get mist like that here in Utah, it's just too dry

Sue said...

Beautiful spidery necklaces....reminds me of my childhood when I used to try to hang wet webs around my neck....weird kid I was.
Nice doors of course.

sewnbysaliba said...

Brrr, looks cold!! And surpisingly similar to the view (weather wise, of course!) outside my own window here in Australia!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Great doors! And beautiful photos!

baukje said...

Wonderful pictures and I am happy for you that you won the doors. They look so beautiful.

Miriam said...

Beautiful photographs Lizzie.

Those doors look wonderful!

Julie said...

beautiful photos, as always lizzie.
love the new doors, will look gorgeous when fitted. hope you post pics.
hope you enjoyed a lovely winter day.
xxx

Annie said...

Just beautiful

Francien said...

The raindrops looks like little diamonds Lizzie....glad the spider was out...and the doors are awesome...greetings...Francien.

Margaret said...

You take such amazing photographs. Beautiful! If you start at the top above the first pic, and scroll slowly down, it looks like that amazing scene at the top of the pic is a reflection in water. So cool!

I love those doors! I can't wait to see them in your house -- I bet they're going to be wonderful!

Appalachian Quilts said...

Great pics and I LOVE the new doors!

mdgtjulie said...

Glad to hear you won your auction! Grats. And love the misty morning pics you took. They're fabulous!!

Faeryfay said...

I love that spider web! Great shots! Keep warm!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin