Wednesday, 29 June 2011

New look..

I've had this little table top ironing board for ages now. Mum gave it to me last year and as you can see, she got good use out of it. I think they had it in the caravan back in the day..! Anyway, there was no padding, just a really thin piece of foam and the blue cover that's been on there forever I think. It's really handy to sit on the top of the table near my machine but I've been wanting to recover it since I've had it....





I was doing a little 'secret' sewing yesterday, just a friendship block really but I can't show you as it's a ...well, secret..!! But I was using some jelly roll strips of Fresh Flowers by Deb Strain for Moda. Bright and cheery, which was what was called for and as I was pressing the block I thought how 'bright and cheery' would my little board be covered in flowers.....





..so I did..cover it that is. Quick and simple, honestly, I don't know why I didn't do it ages ago. I want to leave it on the table now it's so happy looking, reminds me of summer too which is always good in the middle of winter..!!


This is a photo of our verandah way back a couple of years ago I think, yep, April 2009.





Well it hasn't changed much over the last two years.....until yesterday..!!





I have to laugh because Miss Martha has only moved a few steps in two years.... !! She does love to 'survey her kingdom'..
Anyway, the Railway Man took everything off yesterday afternoon and this morning he's starting to open up the wall where the doors will go. Which is staight ahead on the wall next to the small window. The glass doors you can see on the right are the ones coming out and being replaced with a window...
Messy, dirty, dusty and a bit cold in here today BUT I'm loving it...!! I can't wait for those ugly doors to be gone....
Stayed tuned for the next episode.....
xxx

23 comments:

Christine said...

Love your new ironing board cover, hm can't wait to see more of your verandah.

cheers
Christine

Fiona said...

I have one of those little boards too - Very handy !! I can't wait to see your new doors installed. They are goin to look fabulous.

Hugs - Fee XX

Lisa said...

Oooh, nice ironing board cover. The old one looked like someone had been making Ironed Cheese Sandwiches!!

Lynne said...

I can see why you don't like the sliding door - doesn't fit your style of house at all!

We have a 1980s brick house with aluminium sliding windows and a sliding door - it all works together (as it should) but I'd still love one of those doors that folds back and opens up the whole space!! We can dream, can't we?

I love seeing your dreams become reality!

Maree: said...

I have one of those little boards too they are so handy...Your New cover looks Fab!!
Your New Doors will look Great they will really suit your house..
cheers

Sue-Anne said...

Your new ironing board cover looks great Lizzie and those doors are going to be a fantastic addition. Gotta love Miss Martha!

Sasha said...

Hi Lizzie!

Your new cover looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see the verandah- sliding glass/ aluminium doors just aren't country are they??

Sue B said...

Great job on the new look ironing board. cant wait to see the updated new pic of the verandah when the work is done, I wonder if Miss Martha will make another starring role.

Kate said...

I don't mind the building mess because it means PROGRESS! Being married to a builder, and living in a 1910 timber cottage, our home needs the most attention, but is always the last to get any, so any little bit is wonderful. Look forward to seeing the lovely new doors installed.

Bron66 said...

I would love one of those boards! I hate getting my big board out!

Appalachian Quilts said...

Love the new ironing board cover and I cannot wait to see those doors installed! I just love that look! Doggie looks lost without the plants on the veranda....maybe that's why he is moving so slow? LOL

Julie said...

oooh, yes. that certainly did brighten your ironing board up lizzie.
those doors are going to look a treat when they are installed.
and there's my little mate. bless her.
xox

Too many eggs said...

the ironing board looks great, very bright and sunny

i love the idea of renovations, my husband hates them....oh well one day

Margaret said...

Love the new look for the ironing board! Great and so cheerful! And the doors -- oh so exciting! So does Martha stay there in her usual spot while your DH works on the doors? lol! So cute! (You know Paul McCartney's sheepdog was named Martha, right? Great name!)

Francien said...

Its got to be a mess before its will looks fabulous Lizzie, i just love the doors...i am sure your porch will look awesome when its finished and you have your way with the decorations again...seems like Miss Martha can`t wait too......and what a great cover for the ironing board!!
greetings Francien.

Julia said...

Love the new bright cover...
Your doors are going to make so much difference to the verandah, it iwll be lovely..
Worth the mess Lizzie
Julia ♥

Sue said...

New ironing board covers and new doors, what a lot of treasures at your house. The RR man will be working hard on his holidays and won't it be worth it. The doors will look great. I love French doors, we've got 9 sets here and I love them all.

Kylie G said...

Aunty Liz that is really bright and colourful. I love it.
Kylie

mdgtjulie said...

What a bright and cheerful cover. It's lovely Lizzie. And can't wait to see the new doors installed!!

baukje said...

Your verandah will look lovely with those french doors, I love veranda's , such a nice place to sit quiet and cosy....

Brocéliande Quilt said...

What a pretty good idea ? Mine is so ugly, thanks to offer me a chance to change it !!!!
Cristel (France)

What a Hoot! said...

Wow! just love that ironing board cover. Amazing!

I have decided to buy a second ironing board and spare iron - or check out the op shop for one - I keep gluing mine up with applique paper.

Maybe I could make a lovely cover like this and it will remind me not to stuff up again.

Pamela

ecoMILF said...

Hope everything goes smoothly for you. It will be nice to have a fresh start once everything's said and done.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin