Thursday, 16 June 2011

Ta Da...................




Finished, except for the label and hanging sleeve. I'm so excited to have this finished and I just love and adore it.
I backed it with Maison de Garance by French General and bound it with Rural Jardin also by French General. I love the traditional colours of Christmas so this seemed appropriate and it seemed to hold all those amazing colours of wool together.
Thank you Sue for a fabulous pattern, I want to make another now (I might just have to as youngest daughter is desparate to have it...!!) but I need to do something else for a little while.
Just think, if I hadn't tried to chop off my leg a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have had an enforced 'sit down' period and I probably wouldn't have it finished yet...good things do come from diversity after all...!!


I sandwiched and basted my Japanese quilt at patchwork today so I'll start quilting that tonight I guess, gotta keep those fingers busy......
xxx

25 comments:

Leanne said...

No wonder you love it, it is fantastic.

BubzRugz said...

Lizzie it is exquisite.... just wonderful... hope your leg is much better...
Hugz

paddysdaughter said...

Lizzie, this is gorgeous! Well done.
Hope the injury is on the mend as well.

All the best, Sue McB

CHRIS said...

Hey Lizzie, it looks superb well done. Hope I can show you mine after winter though I still haven't been working on it. I have been finishing things, so I may get to it yet. Happy Days. Chris

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

It's beautiful!

Sue said...

Congratulations on the wonderful finish. I just might have Pinterest the pic. heehee!

Christine said...

It is beautiful, can't blame her for wanting it....

cheers
Chrstine

Stacey said...

I am suffering from quilt envy now! Just lovely!

Kate said...

Yep. Total gorgeousness.

Jodie said...

I MUST see this one in real life - maybe a holdays staff meeting ???

Maree: said...

It Looks Absolutely Beautiful Liz know wonder you are doing a Happy Dance...
cheers

Margaret said...

It's amazing! Just gorgeous!

Connie said...

It's very pretty. Well done!

Bronwyn said...

Love it to bits!

Judith said...

Well done on the finish. It is fab, no wonder your in love with it.

retdairyqueen said...

Just lovely

Karen said...

I thought that must have been a Sue Spargo pattern. Her quilts have a distinctive funky look. Well done!

Francien said...

Aren`t the patterns from Sue Spargo darling Lizzie?! Your quilt is stunning!! the colors are so beautiful..Hope your leg is getting better...have a fine week-end...greetings Francien.

sue spargo said...

Wonderful Job! Please send pics if you redo it would love to see it in another colorway.
Sue

mdgtjulie said...

Just lovely. Can't wait to see what's up next!!

Sandra Henderson said...

so beautiful! great job.
love the kitchen photos too! :)

The Civil War Quilter said...

I love you applique quilt...beautiful!

Cathy said...

This is just amazing Lizzie, fabulous job! xo

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Great finish! Congrats :o)

Karen said...

This is absolutely divine Lizzie - your daughter has good taste wanting to pinch it!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin