Sunday, 17 July 2011

Look what I made Margaret...

(edit: just so you know, the title shouldn't read 'look what I made FOR Margaret', perhaps it should be 'hey Margaret, look what I made..' ! This baby is all mine)




Not the best shot, the weather this morning is atrocious, cold, wet, grey and misty so there's no way I can get a decent photo without going out into the misty, drizzly rain..
Just to explain, Margaret has shown some of her gorgeous pin cushion collection a couple of times but in particular I've been lusting after one like this, scroll down the post and you'll see what I mean. Anyway, in another life I made lots and lots of Mohair Artist bears, I used to sell at all the bear shows around the state then, as you do, I moved on. As it happened I went back to seriously quilting again, I sold just about all my bears, mohair, makings and such, to fund my photography obsession and bought my big gun camera and lenses with the proceeds. I did keep some bears though, mostly little ones, well they were all mostly less than 9" right down to a one inch bear and yes, I still have that..! So for a long time I had a couple of little bears that sat around my computer desk, on my keyboard and generally hung around. I also had a bag full of little fellows stuffed in a cupboard. I saw Margaret's little rabbit on the pin cushion and had a serious case of lust, then when I checked out the website, I had already been there and bookmarked it so I think I was destined to make one. I love it, it's big and squishy and sits on the arm of the leather lounge without moving, I half filled it with Shellgrit, you know, the stuff you give to budgies, and then topped it off with wool stuffing that I had from somewhere. I didn't stuff it firmly though as I wanted it to look and feel old. Love, love, love it... I've still got quite a few little bears in the bag in the cupboard, hmm, what will I do with them..?


Can you tell that the puppies enjoy having children here.....





...not hard is it? We just don't get a look in when the kids are here and this weekend they had a child each.. bliss! They've gone home now, the children that is, so it's a bit quiet and the dogs are knackered, fast asleep. I don't think they will move now until tomorrow..
Samantha helped me unpack the GO Baby Cutter while she was here this afternoon and proceeded to cut out a heap of scraps using the drunkards path die..!! I did manage to snap a couple of pics while she was doing it and I'll show you tomorrow, but it was so easy she worked it out herself and she had a small pile in no time...!


Of to sit in front of the box and watch Masterchef then an early night I think, I do love having my grandkids here but boy oh boy do have they energy...!!
See you tomorrow ...

17 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Love the pincushion Lizzie. And the dogs look perfectly thrilled to have kids to play with. Glad the Go! Baby is so easy to use, and can't wait to see what you do with it!

Seams Sew Together said...

Love your pin cushion its gorgeous!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

What a cute pincushion - I love it! Great pics of the kids and pups, they are all just lapping it up, aren't they.
Quite understandable that you and the pups need recharging :-)

Posie Patchwork said...

Just love your growing family, i can imagine all your grandchildren spoiling those puppies with extra cuddles. Have a gorgeous week Lizzie, love Posie

Julie said...

oh lizzie! that is the cutest pin cushion i've seen in a very long time. you're such a clever duck.
those babies sure do look like they enjoy the grandies. bless. xoxox

Margaret said...

OMG, you're amazing!!!!! That is just the best pincushion ever! So cute! I can't believe you've made a 1" bear. Wow! All these skills you have. No wonder you're so good at quiltmaking. And you even made the little round things too. You're amazingly amazing!

Love the pic of the doggies with the kids. So cute! I bet everyone is exhausted now and resting. Kids will do that to you, right? :D

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I love that pin cushion - so cute and lovely that you made the bear yourself! Also love the pic of teh tw grandbabies with the two fur babies! Fun for all!

Leanne said...

and you made it very well, your pin cushion is very cut.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your pincushion is fabulous. A one inch bear... oh my, that is amazing.

Lynne said...

They can wear you out, can't they?

Older Grandson is just seventeen months old but you can't take your eyes off him for a second!

The bear is very cute!

baukje said...

What a gorgeous pincushion. she will be in love with it!!! Our dog also love children, when we are at the saturday market, she loves to be caressed and kissed by them....
Do you like your baby-go cutter. Is it really so practical as it seems to be.

Brenda Cregger said...

okay...so you are talented and must have had a ball...I'm jealous..Thanks for sharing the kids....big and small.
create,inspire,encourage...Brenda

simplestitches said...

love love love that pincushion!
the puppies and the kiddies look very contented!
Julz

Sue said...

Such a cute pin cushion even tho' it's close to burgundy. I love the kids and dogs all sitting quietly, what a peaceful few days you must have had.

Janet said...

That is a pincushion to die for. Honestly, it's very cute and adorable. I wished I was a bear maker once upon a time.

Texan said...

The cutest pin cushion I have ever seen!!!!

Sandra Henderson said...

CUte pin cushioN!
and ADORABLE children! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin