Monday, 18 July 2011

Love those curves...

You know of course that I was lucky enough to get a Baby GO! from Accuquilt, I think I might have mentioned it once or twice... :o) ! Anyway, it looks just like this one....


(Click on the picture to go to Accuquilt.com)

Well anyway, today I finally got to play with it. Samantha (who is nearly 14) unpacked it yesterday afternoon, marked the die's with a black texta for me, then proceeded to raid my scrap fabric drawer and cut out a pile of drunkard path pieces..!! That's how easy this is, really it is. She set it up, put the scraps on (well truthfully I saw some charms in there too) and cut them out.





..and this is what she ended up with...



So this morning I put them together for the start of my scrappy drunkards path...



Of course I needed to do some cutting myself, couldn't let her cut out all my fabric, although this girl would, she just loves cutting fabric out...quilter in the making?
Anyway, back on track! I decided to try the other dies out. I chose the curved and circle dies because I normally cut them by hand of course, you can't imagine how quick it is to cut them without trying it, really..!



I cut four at a time and honestly, I could probably have doubled it..!



I chose some Christmas fat quarters I had in the drawer and thought I would put them all together later for a table topper...
I used my Curve Master foot to stitch them so it was easy peasy...



Look, done in no time (OK, I did have to reverse sew one seam...ssshhh!!)..





I did try one other thing with the Baby GO!, you know I work with wool a lot and I bought the circle die for exactly that reason. Well, would you look at this...



Perfect circles in less than 10 seconds....sigh, I'm in love. Now I just need Accuquilt to bring out a die with lots of little circles on the one die...!!! You know, berry and grape size, how good would that be, being able to cut a dozen at a time..
I have to tell you that I wasn't quite sure whether or not I would get enough use out of a Baby GO! to justify having one, well I can honestly say that I don't think I would use anything else for curved pieces again, it was just so easy AND quick. I can see that I'll be cutting drunkard path pieces as the scraps come to hand and just stashing them in a box ready to just pick up and sew..!




Click on the picture to sign up for the newsletter and to receive your free patterns..


OK, off to do some cleaning up from the renovations...sigh!!




xxx





19 comments:

Leanne said...

It is always fun to play with a new toy.

baukje said...

It really looks good en quick, I have to think about it.......Thanks for the explanation!
XXX

Sue said...

Oh it looks like I'll have to be jealous. Maybe you could run a little workshop for some friends across the desert!

Janet said...

Oh how much fun is that?? It's always good to play with gadgets, I think the circles are brilliant.

Christine said...

Looks like a lot of fun, the apple core I think woud be the one I make first, love it

Christine

Maree: said...

Thanks for the Demo I Think I am Convinced I Need One Too...
Would give my Thumb a rest from cutting...
Love what you have cut so far...
cheers

Seams Sew Together said...

Looks so good, I am jealous, definitely will be getting one of these soon.

Julie said...

looks like you're in love lizzie. ;)
i am looking forward to seeing that drunkard's path quilt completed, and there should be no excuses... not when it takes you minutes to cut the pieces.
xoxoxo

Cathy said...

Ooh you are going to have fun, that looks awesome! xo

Margaret said...

That looks so cool! Curved pieces can be such a pain so this must be great to have! I wish I had one...

Me and My Stitches said...

I've tried to win a Baby Go! about a zillion times - I think I might have to just break down and BUY one!! lol. Looks easy - and that is a great idea on the circles - all one size and lots of them. Hopefully Accuquilt will do that.

mdgtjulie said...

I love your pieces, they're cute. Glad you got to play!!

Julia said...

Yay Lizzie...well done!
You'll have an apple core ,and a Drunkards path quilt in no time..
I'm still trying to master the curvemaster!!
Julia ♥

Lynne said...

The Go Baby I won came yesterday but being new to quilting means not having much in the way of scraps, so I cut only one heart!

Those dies really make an impression on the mats, don't they?

My other two dies are circles and 3" triangles!

PatchworkRose said...

Wow Lizzie So much fun :-) Love those apple cores and the drunkards path. Love the Demo. My favourite does are 55079 GO! Equilateral Triangles
55009 GO! Half Square-3" Finished Triangle
55070 GO! Drunkard’s Path-3." Finished
and yes I checked they all go with the baby :-) Would love to win.
Cheers
Lynne

Kylie G said...

WOW that machine makes it look sooo easy. I would choose the Go Circles, GO Star and GO Hexagons.
Thanks
Kylie

maria rosaria said...

Favoloso!!!

shez said...

unreal Lizzie

gem said...

There's but one word - wondrous. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin