Friday, 15 July 2011

Phew...!! What a week....

The Railway man has of course been on holiday and the renovations with the doors and hallway are just about finished, but we had a little side issue earlier this week.....
So from my window the other day, this was the view...





My Facebook friends will already have seen these, our driveway looked like a Mazda dealership on Wednesday afternoon. We had been thinking about changing cars for a little while, I had always wanted the Mazda 6 Station wagon so we traded in my little white Mazda 3 AND the man's MX5 (it had sat so long in the garage that it had a flat battery and in 15 months he'd put 1000kms on the clock???), a bit of a sad day but we (read me) ended up with this....





..she's beautiful, Ruby Red outside and all black leather inside so I reckon she's a bit of a tart, to be forever more known as Ruby (thanks Dzintra). The dealer delivered it to the door for us so for an infinitesimal time we owned three Mazda's and a smelly dirty Ford Ute. We still have the smelly dirty Ute, but he does love it and thankfully I don't have to drive it, I just get to drive Ruby..!


So, the next exciting thing was this morning, on the way to pick up these little people...





..who are spending the weekend. Would you look at how tired that boy is, they all four of them spent 5 days in Sydney with their Dad last week and I don't think they've caught up yet!!
Anyway, on the way down I stopped at the Post Office to check the mail and this was waiting for me...





I was so tempted to go home and open it first but I didn't, I'm a good Nana. Stopped in and saw Mum and Dad, a quick stop at eldest daughters, had a cuppa with youngest daughter while the kids got all their stuff together. Drove home, gave them lunch and then finally got to open the box............phew!! I don't think I've ever waited so long to open a much anticipated box...





This is as far as it's going to go though until Monday. Having a six and nine year old in the house for the weekend isn't going to give me much chance to play so I'll wait until after the weekend then I can play to my hearts content..





I have managed to get a little sewing done this week (how hard is it when there's a man in the house .......constantly!!!) I've been doing a wee bit of wool stitching, this is a block from Crimson Tweed but I've changed the colours, hopefully I'll have more to show next week...


This little girl.......





...just fell in the fish pond while chasing the kids around the house garden..! It's not deep and she can stand up in it but the water is very cold at this time of the year, so she's looking a bit sorry for herself, don't suppose the fish and the frogs are too pleased either..! Notice though, she's picked my quilting chair to 'dry off' in, talk about comfort..

Hopefully, I'll have some photo's of the doors and windows to show you next time...
C Ya
xxx

25 comments:

Kate said...

Ahhhh! Just adore the smell of a new car!! Ruby is glorious. How restrained you've been with your exciting delivery. Enjoy the little people visit.

Sue said...

Wow, you've been busy, new doors, car, Accu Go and gorgeous grandies to visit. Poor lil poochie tho' I hope she's snuggly warm now.

Christine said...

Happy and safe driving....
Enjoy your weekend with the little ones.

And oh I too would love a Go cutter, one day.

Take care
Christine

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Nice car! Nice to have the grandies to stay - even if little puppy gets a bit too excited .... She really knew where to go for warmth :-)
Good luck with your new accu toy, hope you get to try it soon.

Leanne said...

I'm liking Ruby perfect name. I have a red Mazda 6 . Great snap of the swimming dog, I bet it was cold in that pond.

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a pretty car Ruby is...enjoy your adventures together...and I'm really sorry to admit this but the vision in my head of the chasing & falling into fishpond scenario really did make me laugh...poor little puppy it really is too cold to be playing swimming outside at this time of year...

Maree: said...

Ruby is Gorgeous Congratulations!
Enjoy the Grandies & Looking forward to your Verdict on the Cutter..
cheers

Khris said...

love, love, love the colour....my fav colour...and Mazda's are always lovely....hugs Khris

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, Lizzie, you have lots going on. Grats on the newest acquisitions! Ruby is beautiful. And the Go! Baby is gonna be just as useful, I'd bet. Hope you and the munchkins are having fun. Your quilt block looks great. Can't wait to see more!

Sasha said...

I have a goal to reach before I get a Go! Cutter! I would just burst if I had one in the house and couldn't use it!! I can't wait to see the fun you have with it! Have fun wit the kids this weekend!!!

Miriam said...

Wow, what a week you have had.

Have fun with the young ones!

I hope you have many years of safe driving with Ruby.

beebee said...

Ruby is beautiful. Lots of room for everyone and everything you need to carry with you.
It's so much fun to have the grandchildren in the house for a couple of days.
Have fun with your go cutter...I love mine.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs from Louisiana
beebee

Cheri said...

Wow, what an exciting week you have had this week Lizzie. I can just see you driving around in that sassy little red car, what a "hip" grandma you are! Enjoy the grandies (a new word for me & I like it) and anticipating getting into that Go Baby box.
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

Karen said...

Your wool block is oh so good looking. The colors look very rich.

Margaret said...

Wow, loads of busy filling your week! Love Ruby -- what a nice car!! Don't you love the new car smell? Your grandkids are so cute. I bet they love time with grandma. And the go baby cutter! Oh boy! Can't wait to see what you do with it! Love your latest wool block -- so pretty! I'm dreaming of quilts to make, but of course it's just dreams right now. Typical. lol!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Lizzie...great looking car...and top name too!!! Seems we have a lot of similarities going on this week...I have a little 5 year old with me this week...and we're going out in Ruby!!! Enjoy all your goodness there, it's great, Dzintra

Connie said...

So many goodies in the photos. :)
I want to get a wool hand-stitching project started for portability for the times I need something I can take along. Your photo gives me inspiration.

Julie said...

Ruby looks very snazzy. I'm quite partial to a red MX5, I'm sure it will go to a good home. At least you have a lot more room for fabric purchasing trips now.

Lynne said...

What great strength of will you have! Mine should arrive in the next week (I hope)!

Lovely car - is it true red cars go faster?

Julia said...

Ruby is Gorgeous.. Congratulations!
Red goes faster...so safe driving!
Have fun with the GO...can't wait to see what you create..
Julia ♥

Lurline said...

Hey - that car is a bit yum!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Janet said...

I'd love a red car like that and what a perfect name. The young man does look a little worn out, I hope you enjoy their company, don't count on too much sewing though, lol. I love the look of the wool applique, very nice!

Kylie G said...

Can't wait to see the creations with the new machine!
Kylie

Seams Sew Together said...

Loving the colour of you new Car and going green with your new toy, I would so love a Go Cutter, lucky you, how much fun are going to have.

Julie said...

oh look, there's my little mate again. :)
loving your wool block lizzie. and as i said on fb.... yay for zoom zooms. i wouldn't own anything else.
xoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin