Thursday, 18 August 2011

Here he is...

 

There's been a lot of concern over little brown panda living the last ten years in a plastic bag, dismembered no less...!! Well fear not, he's now a whole little bear.... ..ready to take on the world. 
Please do excuse the grubby window and the flare from the flash, it's another dull day here this morning..





















I had forgotten though, quite how difficult tiny, weeny, itsy bitsy noses are to stitch..! Have to find a little bell or key for him I think.


Now I just have to get on with the others. There was purpose in choosing this little bear to finish first, a gratifyingly quick finish spurring me on to do some more. 

I had a little online trip to Gerry's Teddy and Craft Designs to pick up some little eyes and joints.....oh alright, I might have bought a couple of pieces of mohair too..!! It's not quilting fabric so it doesn't count in my fabric diet  ;o)



Patchwork group today so I better go get out of my pj's and sort myself out....
xxx

19 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

There now, don't you feel better knowing that you gave him a nose - so cute!!!

Margaret said...

He's soooo cute! I bet he's happy to be finished too. :D

Cat said...

LOL I do love your reasoning to your online purchase ::))

Michelle said...

Very cute finish ! A key will look great!
Michelle

Rebecca said...

Oh my heart is singing to see that he is whole and happy.
Big Hugs
Bec xx
Ps cute nose ;)

Sue said...

Not only is he great bear but he can ride too. Great to see him complete after all those years.

Lynne said...

Oh Lizzie, he's so cute! I'm sure he's glad to be born after such a long gestation (in a plastic bag eww).

Laurie in Iowa said...

He's one sweet little bear.

PatchworkRose said...

He is just the most innocent cutest little bear. He has that 'Who Me' look
Love him
Cheers
Lynne

Celia said...

He's adorable... and as usual your blog is so appealing visually..Love it.

Kate said...

(I can hear him now....)
Yippie! Free! Free of that plastic bag! And I have a NOSE....and legs...and, and, I'm sitting on a horse?

jen said...

He is saying Look at me!! I am all finished and don't I look a beautiful Bear.

mdgtjulie said...

He's adorable, Lizzie. Just too cute!!

Kim said...

He's melt your heart sweet. Glad you put him together. You have a talent for this craft! :-D

Cathy said...

He is beautiful Lizzie, what a gorgeous finish! Have a great therapy day!! xo

Diamant said...

He's just gorgeous. I think he must be related to a dear little fellow i was given many years ago, a very intelligent little bear who sits with the books behind the glass doors of my bookshelf !

Francien said...

Well done Lizzie....he is "alive"now!!...he is so cute!!...Hope you had fun in your patchworkgroup yesterday...but then..how could that not be fun?!...have a great weekend...greetings Francien.

Margaret said...

Animals whether real or animate all are able to warm our hearts and he . she looks like a heart stopper.

taylorsoutback said...

Your little guy is adorable...I wish he could meet my own tiny bear - and he does have a key around his neck so I think you have made a good choice.

I only had the fortitude to make one - you have my total admiration thinking in multiples!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin