Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Ooooops, I forgot a title.....

(edit:   I just noticed that, hehehe, gotta have a title.....)
I've been pottering this week! You know how it is, can't settle to anything serious, so you end up just doing a bit of this and a bit of that..? I seem to have been driving most of the week too, up and down to Geelong to check on Mum and Dad and I still managed to forget about a medical assessment appointment they had and I wanted to get to..! Luckily, my brother was able to get there so at least one of us knew what was going on. It's hard to get out of them what's said and what they have to do so if I can be with them it's easier.... I felt incredible guilty when my brother rang to tell me what happened, but realistically, I'm not superwoman and I can't be in more than one place at a time, even if I like to think I am and I can..  :o)
While I was pottering I made some new cushions for the sofa....

Our sofa is a leather chesterfield that we've had for ever, well it feels like forever anyway! We love it but it does tend to look a bit dark and quilts and throws tend to slip off, so I thought I would just fill it up with bright cushions, now I just have to figure out how to stop the dogs making a nest of them..?







When I made my pincushion the other week I rather thought that I could enjoy making a couple of little bears again, so I've been rummaging around in storage boxes looking for what supplies I had left. I did sell all my mohair, eyes and joints as well as a huge amount of small bears but I knew that I still had some bits and pieces somewhere..


I found this tin full to the brim with little bits of bears..!!


UFO's of the furry kind!!!
Poor bears! Some have no ears, some have no legs, some still can't see as they have no eyes. Some just need all their bits put together. I think there might be about six or seven bears in there...!!








This poor little fellow on the right, has spent the last 10 years or so squished in a little plastic bag waiting to have all his minute pieces put together and to get a nose..!! He's only going to be a scant 2" tall, so I guess I should finish him first ....






The weather is cold, wet, very windy and positively horrible today, but I have to venture out to do some grocery shopping. I did think about not doing it today, but it's not going to go away, we'll still need food in the 'fridge tomorrow and tomorrow is patchwork day..! 
Priorities people..   :o)


XXX

15 comments:

beebee said...

your pillow is so pretty
the bears are sweet. Sounds like you stay busy. I know what you mean about being with your parents when they go to the doctor. I used to do that for mine. If I didn't go with her I would have to call him to see what he told her. My mom was very ill at the end. We had her move in with us once she fell sick. I do not regret one day I spent taking care of her. My husband was wonderful to her too.
I lost both parents before I was 32. I still miss them and think of them often.
I have been cutting some 2" squares. I think I want to make a "postage stamp " quilt..big dream Huh?
beebee

Lynne said...

Did you sing the playschool song when you found them? ("There's a bear in there...) Sorry, can't help myself; songs are always popping into my head!

I can't imagine putting a two inch bear together so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Don't let the dogs find him though; it'd be a perfect size for a chew toy! LOL

The weather here is cold and drizzly; a reminder that we're not done with winter yet!

Maree: said...

KWYM about Pottering but still being Creavtive...
Love your New Cushions they look Great..
So Glad you got that Tiny Little Bear out of Hiding how Cute is he..
cheers

Mimi said...

Cold and wet sounds wonderful to this dry HOT Texan. Your projects are sweet. Finish 'um up.

Cat said...

This year has been all about finishing UFO's for me and the stash diet (not buying any more fabric)
I LOVE your pillow it is lovley

Kate said...

What a dear little fellow your 2" bear is - even 'tho he is somewhat dismembered he has a lovely face!! Do post a photo when you finish him?

CHRIS said...

All good Lizzie. Have a pic for you. happy days Chrisb.

Rebecca said...

Poor poor poor bear please don't make it another 10 years ;)
Love the cushion as for shopping is food really need when there is fabric to play with hummmmm .
Cake dose go well with quilting so rug up go shopping because cake will be need tomorrow ;D
Big Hugs
Bec

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I am with Rebecca - please finish that little bear - poor baby!

Sue said...

Hooray, the bears are out and looking for attention. Put them on your new cushions and take photos when they're done. We'll all enjoy that.

jen said...

Hello Lizzie, A 2" bear been in storage for 10 yrs!! The dear little bear.I would love to see him finished.I have never tried to make a bear. My friend made one for me and I love it. Your cushions look lovely.

Margaret said...

You definitely shouldn't try to be superwoman. It's good to have a brother who can take on the parents' appointments once in a while.

I love your cushion! Good luck with not having your furry ones nest in them! lol!

As for your bears -- wonderful! I still can't believe you used to make bears! I love bears, you know. :D I love that little one!

baukje said...

What a lovely bright pillow you made. I am so sorry for the poor bears.........
Take care.

mdgtjulie said...

I hope you enjoy making your little bears. Cute cushion. I don't think there's a way to stop dogs from nesting. It's an instinct!!

Leanne said...

Your cushion is lovely, and even unfinished that little bear is toooooo cute. Never waste precious time on sewing days do mundane jobs such as food shopping.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin