Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Last day of Winter...

Well, officially, on the calendar it's the last day of winter today. But I keep waiting for the sting in winters tail, I can't believe we're going to creep into spring with mild days just yet..? 








I spied this little baby in the garden the other day...




...it was so tiny that I was looking for its mama, but no, out in the big world all on it's own. Would you look at those tiny ears, so cute....!


Good job the girls didn't see it, they would have been so excited, running around in circles, chasing their tails barking their little heads off. Poor little rabbit would have had a heart attack. 


Good job The Railway Man didn't see it either, they eat his baby trees and shrubs..!!






Nothing much in the way of sewing going on around here this week, I've been out taking photos and playing with Photoshop again..


I'm getting in some practise, there's a rumour going around that I might be teaching it (Photoshop) next term, so I'd better be sure I know what I'm doing...


Besides, I need to do my spring header! I'm tired of the snowy one up there, didn't get any snow this year again and I find that I'm ridiculously disappointed. After all the whinging I did about the rain, wind and cold, you'd think I'd be happy? Nope, no pleasing this woman lately...















I went for a walk yesterday, around Lake Wendouree in Ballarat, it's so good to see it full of water again after years of being dry in the drought. The birdlife is abundant again and there were a huge amount of young swans on the water. 
Lots of gulls too, always plenty of those around.





























I finally seem to be getting the hang of this new layout, I like being able to place my photos with words next to them...? Is it too confusing do you think?
Takes me a huge amount of time though...great time waster my computer, no wonder there's no sewing getting done...!!


Ok, time to make the dinner, if you'd like to check out the rest of the shots I took yesterday, they're on my flickr page here...


C Ya round like a fruit loop.... (kids used to say that all the time............when they were kids that is  :o)

Hmm, it's so quiet here I can here the girls snoring in the lounge room, had haircuts and blow waves yesterday so they're all sweet smelling again, well, for 5 minutes I suspect..
XXX





15 comments:

Rachel D. said...

Well Lizzie, your pictures are wonderful: thank you for sharing your vision of nature.
Here, in Belgium, it's still Summer. But this year our Summer was rainy and grey. So I hope to get some nice sunny days in September before Autumn arrives.
Cheers.
Rachel

Debs said...

Great pics Lizzie, thanks for sharing them. I'm looking forward to Spring as we have had snow, snow, rain, rain, wind and wind along with every combination ever thought of :-)

Melody said...

Happy end of winter to you. Exquisite photos. Thanks for sharing.

mdgtjulie said...

Lovely photos Lizzie. I love wildlife shots, and you have some good ones. I think that little bunny is just adorable. Here's hoping spring is really here to stay! Unless you'd prefer a quick snow of course! I like the new layout. How ever do you wrap your text around the photos like that?!?

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Beautiful photos. Love the bunny.
Wildlife here is mostly birds gathering in huge flocks getting ready for their trek to warmer places for the winter.

Sue said...

It is so close to the end of winter. Eight and a half hours left of it here and even less at your place. I love the babies, bunnies, cygnets and even the gull is a youngster. "Roll on Spring' I say.

Seams Sew Together said...

Love your photos Lizzie, I would love to be a student in your class for Photoshop, there is so much to learn. its very time consuming as you said.

JB said...

I am impressed to read of a 61 yr old nana considering and preparing for teaching photoshop. Well done, no flies on you! It is such a lot of fun, taking photos and manipulating them. Manipulation does not have to mean distortion or mis representing reality unless of course you are doing something with a surreaL twist. Have fun.

taylorsoutback said...

Your photos are so lovely...I am particularly drawn to the iris bud against the vintage book pages...the whole image has such a flow to it.
Thank you for stopping by earlier & your sweet comment helps so much. We are giving our other two furry pups extra attention. The house just seems so different right now.

EllieB said...

Lizzie, your photographs are just beautiful. That little rabbit is so cute! I'm not meant to say that as they are a bit of a pest around these parts but it's hard not to melt at the sight of that bunny rabbit. I had to laugh about your weather comments: I was so excited about winter rains this year after a long, dry summer - now I can't wait for it to be over and start warm weather again!

Lynne said...

The layout works for me!

Computers do tend to take up a lot of our time, don't they?

jen said...

I enjoy popping into your blog as I never know what I will see either beautiful photography or beautiful quilts for your grandchildren. I am on holidays down your way at the moment following the Murray River and am enjoying the spring weather also.

Annie said...

Gorgeous photos lizzie, where are you teaching photoshop, I'd love to learn.

Leanne said...

Great snaps as always. Teaching photoshop how clever I am slowly learning how to use it at time I find it soooooo frustrating.

baukje said...

Your pictures re great I wish I could make the same.....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin