Thursday, 11 August 2011

Looking for the sun...

Just wanted to share this shot of a bunch of Daffodils all looking for the sun.. It reminds me of the ducks and geese in the paddock, all sticking their necks out quacking and hissing, busy telling the world what's happening.
Daffodils...!
Must mean spring is on the way.......yay!!
It's been such a long winter this year, I'm craving sunshine and warm winds and roses and sitting outside and feeling the kiss of the hot sun...sigh!!






I got to play here again today, Millrose is alway such a warm and friendly place, gosh it's hard working here....;o)

I love this quilt by Michell Yeo, she has classes here for any of her quilts...

  ..I seem to have a passion for quilts with black backgrounds right now..


There were Roses and Tulip buds on the table in the classroom and I couldn't resist taking some photos..

 These tulips will be open in a day or two but I just love the hint of bright pink, almost teasing, showing some of the colour to come..! 

..and the pink roses, gorgeous. The weather was bleak and very cold today, a chill, biting wind blew in with every customer, but the roses and tulips brightened the space and gave us all just another tiny glimpse of summer pleasures to come...


XXX

13 comments:

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Loved wondering through your day with you. The flowers are gorgeous, all of them! (So is the quilt and fabrics).

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lovely flowers! And I look at my roses and wonder if they are the last this summer :-) Chillier mornings all of a sudden, birds gathering in large flocks ..... Sigh!

Lynne said...

Ah, spring; thanks for the pictorial reminders!

Today was a "blech" day weather-wise (in western Sydney), not cold, not exactly sunny but not overcast either, with a light breeze - but nowhere near warm enough to dry the washing which hung out there for several hours!

Margaret said...

Oh what lovely pictures! I love that quilt with the black background -- so gorgeous! And to play in that store -- I so miss browsing in a real live quilt store. (ours closed years back.) Love all the flowers too. You all are almost at my favorite time of year -- spring! I envy you. lol!

Francien said...

Oh what a lovely pictures of the flowers Lizzie...and that black quilt...a masterpiece...and you could lock me in there with the fabrics...i would be happy to cut a piece of all fabrics for myself...lol...i could not work there either...all my salary would be gone at the end of the month...
greetings and have a great weekend...Francien.

baukje said...

I missed the change of your blog, am a bit confused but LOVE it. Your daffodils really want to come alife wonderful picture.

CHRIS said...

Hi Lizzie, Ahh the promise of spring. I returned home from holiday to tiny blue grape hyacinths. So very sweet. I was out your way yesterday. Had lunch at Daylesford and visited the Ashram at Rocklyn it sure was a stunning day out there. Happy stitching. Chrisb

Catherine said...

LOVE the photo of the daffodils - and the tulips :) I just LOVE spring flowers.
I'm loving grey backgrounds on quilts at the moment ::))

Sue said...

Oh how you've found beauty in a day at work. I challenge you to find it at my work.
Gorgeous pics Lizzie.

taylorsoutback said...

What a stunning quilt - you are right, the black background just makes this quilt amazing...

Here come your daffodils - and we will be planting bulbs in a month or so and putting our gardens to bed for the winter. I will enjoy visiting yours:o)

Annie said...

BREATHTAKING photos lizzy - YOU are AMAZING!

Cathy said...

Lucky lucky you to be able to play amongst the fabric and the flowers. Love your photo's as always Lizzie. xo

Sandra Henderson said...

STUNNING floral photos!!!
I adore the deep chocolate brown bkgrd, I'd NEVER think to use that! I LOVE IT!~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin