Saturday, 20 August 2011

Some more...

There have been quite a few comments about Little Brown Panda, the fact that he's been released from being nothing in a plastic bag for 10 years, the fact that he's very cute and the fact that he's a Panda of very small stature..!!  Well, you will all be pleased to note that Little Brown Panda has gone to live in a house in the bush!! He's gone to live amongst the Gum trees, I don't know if there's any plum trees but I do know that there's a clothes line out the back...!

Okay, sorry, iconic Aussie, but he's gone home with his new best friend....


 I've got a couple of other little fellows (and girls) to show you, these are some of the dozen or so that I have left of the ones I made years ago..




This little lady is only 2" tall and used to be a Woodland Fairy, she did have wings but I'm not quite sure what happened to them ..!!


 She's happy to just sit on a tree branch in the sunshine now..
















..her partner in the branches is this little ballerina bear below. She's got her warm up jumper on with her lacy tutu and tiny leather ballet shoes... Yes, I really did make tiny pink leather shoes for her....sigh! I must have been really insane back then as opposed to just plain silly now.. :o)


















Now this fellow is one of my very favourites..
Just before I packed everything away and left bear making alone, I was trying to develop a realistic Polar Bear, I got this far and I love the Polars that I made then. This one is about 6" standing up straight, but head to tail he's probably 4" long.  In my box of little bits and pieces I found a couple of double jointed Polar Bear heads, hmm, I might have to pursue that some more..! Sounds like a challenge!!














...another little favourite, soft dusky pink and creamy white. She's about 21/2" tall so a big girl next to the others... :o)


























This little scrappy guy is just over 3", scruffy and worn...

I'm waiting for a parcel to arrive, just the bits and pieces  I ordered from Gerry's Bear Making Supplies. I can't really do anything until I have some joints and eyes, but I'm itching to cut out some Mohair and make another little bear...

19 comments:

Seams Sew Together said...

Lizzie, these bears are gorgeous! You have been a busy little bee.

Sue said...

I can barely cope with your energy. (pun intended)
I'm in love with li'l scrappy bear. I don't mind if he's a 3" giant I just love him the most, they are all so cute though.

Rebecca said...

Oh wow how cute are they ,but my favorite is the Polar bear he is just has the sweetest face . Pleased the little panda has a new home ;)
Big Hugs
Bec

Posie Patchwork said...

OH wow, so adorable & tiny!! Super clever work Lizzie, loving it all, background stories of gum trees & everything, love Posie

Deb said...

These are perfect.

Lynne said...

They're all so cute but I think the polar bear is my favourite.

Margaret said...

I love them all!!! Wow! Love the outfit on the ballerina. And I love the polar bear -- so cool!

A Quilter Awakens said...

They are all so adorable. You have really started a desire in me to learn bear making to honor my grandparents who made them together in the 1980s. Karmen

sandie said...

I love all your dear little bears, they're so sweet but my favourite is the little scrappy bear. He looks like he badly needs a hug!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Just love all your bears but my favourite has to be the polar bear! I just can't believe that you make them so small!!!

jen said...

All the little teddies are so cute.They prompted me to post a Teddy my friend made for me.I also have the teddy bear my son (44yrs) had when he was a baby.
I love John Williamson. I am going to to get out his cd's and play tomorrow.I haven't had a listen for a while.

Maree: said...

Your Little Fellows are Gorgeous I'm soo glad you brought them out of Hibernation...I think the Scruffy One is my Fav reminds me of the Bears we had as Kiddies...
Cheers

Janet said...

These are so cute! I love the fairy best.

Diamant said...

Your bears are lovely. Unfortunately I can't post a photo of him but my little bear got all excited when he saw all those potential playmates ! It was made for me many years ago by friend Florence.

mdgtjulie said...

Such cute little bears Lizzie!! I love them all!

Leanne said...

You are a very talented lady. Your little bears are so cute.

taylorsoutback said...

Lizzie - what a dear collection of little friends...each are so unique and I bet have their own personalities.

Sandra Henderson said...

Thanks for making me smile today! i'm going to be humming this lovely song all weekend! :)
I love your little friends! :)
You are very lucky to live where you live... XO

baukje said...

Oh Lizzie, they are so lovely and co cute. I adore the last one so gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin