Sunday, 18 September 2011

Just to prove...



...that I have been doing some sewing over the last few weeks....   



 ..not much I know, but some. One of the blocks from the Crimson Tweed quilt I finished earlier this year, totally different colourway for this one though... I'm loving the burnt oranges and aqua's..
 The weather is amazing today, the sun has been out all day but with warmth to it, it's been wonderful to let the fires out and wear T shirts. Just feeling that warm sun on your arms is so uplifting after a long cold winter.






A few days ago we had the most magnificent 
sunset.

I'm not usually into taking sunset photo
s much, they always seem a bit flat really and never, ever as spectacular as the real thing, but I couldn't resist this one when it turned the trees to gold..























...and because I just can't seem to get enough of the spring blossom...






Looking forward to the school holidays next week and especially looking forward to getting together with the lovely Jen (my best of the best friend) on Wednesday for a big catch up, it's ages since we got together..

 Have a great week everyone...

 xxx

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the sewing and the photos as always breath taking . Have a great time over the Holidays I plan on spending as much time with the boysd as I can ( they still will let me )
Hugs Bec

Lurline's Place said...

Drool, love your stitching and I have just put your blossoms on my desktop, I hope ...
Hugs - Lurline♥

Sue-Anne said...

We have had a beautiful day here too sitting out in the sun. Your sunset photos are stunning and I love your new header.

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Lovely photos Lizzie. I hope you never feel like you have to sew. It's such a joy to choose how to spend/invest our precious time. Looks like your garden holds many treasures!

Cathy said...

Your stitching looks gorgeous Lizzie. Our spring blossom has been fantastic this year too. Have a lovely time with Jen. xo

Cat said...

Those photos are simply amazing - you captured the colour and the time of the day beautifully
AND LOVING the colourways in your latest sewing project

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous pictures as ever...thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

I'm glad your gorgeous pics haven't stolen you away from sewing completely. Both are great, pics and stitches.

Christine said...

Love the stitching and your photos, thanks for sharing

Margaret said...

Your block is so pretty! I just love it, love the colors! Love the sunset pics too -- so amazing! Spring flowers too -- I'm envious. The great thing about knowing someone in Australia is I can enjoy spring while I'm going into fall. :D

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

Love that block and especially the colors you used! Yummy!

Judith said...

Love the sunset photos. Are you doing another whole Crimson Tweed quilt or just the panel? I like the new colourway.

taylorsoutback said...

Your daisies at the top are a delight and those appliqued flowers are so cute...

The warm colors on the tree trunks from the sunset are beautiful -

Enjoy your spring days...
now we are the ones loading wood onto the porch and buttoning down the house and gardens for the approaching cold weather...

John'aLee said...

What amazing pictures!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin