Thursday, 8 September 2011

Missing in action.....

...again. 







I've been MIA, AWOL, off with the fairies, looking for my mojo, oh and yes, working. So really, I haven't just been sitting around contemplating the state of THE world, just my world in some spare moments...




I like to keep this in my kitchen just so that I can remind myself sometimes, just who lives here. It's the initial of my given name, so it serves to remind me of my mother many years ago saying my name with such meaning. You know don't you? She would always say.."Elizabeth...." with such a huge emphasis on the whole word I would know straight away...Oh Oh, trouble...   I'm sure I was a terrible trial to her in my teen years........I so wish she could remember what a terrible girl I was now. For her to say...'do you remember....?' is a thing of the past and the day when she looks at me and asks  'who are you..?' is approaching much, much too fast. 




I haven't taken any photos this week either, well the few that I took with the point and shoot out of the car window really can't be classed in the art of photography, they were a means for my computer pupils to learn how to upload digital media into their hard drives. Blurry shots of Canola in the paddocks on the way to Geelong, shame, shame on me...   ;o)










I did take some photos last week though, specifically of these young people. I told you of course that this gorgeous young lady was 14 last Thursday. I love that these kids are so full of confidence and assurance in self, that even when this doting, but persistent, grandparent takes shots of her with her fingers covered in chocolate cake and a party hat from her little sisters last party on her head she can tell me that she loves it.....








...and as for this boy...? What can I say, he towers above me, is a handsome, talented and intelligent young man...


me, biased, I don't think so...  ;o)






























This young lady is growing up too quickly too...


She's the next one to turn 14, not until November though.....




I hope they never lose their youthful exuberance, their zest for life, their joy of life I suppose...






When was the last time you threw neon hoops around the garden and jumped for the joy of it..............???



























...and I'm just about certain that it's been a while since you let anyone take a photograph of you doing this...?


Life, and memory, is too short, so go kiss your man and jump for the joy of it....!!!










I'm hoping to get some sewing done very soon, I think my motivation is due home from it's vacation shortly...


XXX

11 comments:

Cathy said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt post Lizzie, thank you for sharing your gorgeous family. Your creativity definitely hasn't left you!!

Mary said...

Lovely pictures of your dear ones.

But heartfelt concern for your coming ordeal with your Mother.

We went through it with my mother. She was a little ditzy then a little confused then a long downward spiral ending with her always smiling when she saw me but not calling me by name for almost five years.

I agree so much, cherish every second you have. Life is so, so short.

Sue said...

I love how your Grandies all look like you. Strong genes methinks. Great photos. Have fun at work.

Lynne said...

My maternal grnadmother had Alzheimers that advanced rapidly after the death of my grandfather. My dad passed away January 2010 and I have been watching my mother (as closely as I can from 550km away) but so far, all seems okay. That doesn't lessen my concern though! I do understand what you are going through and wish you all the best.

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful post, Lizzie. It's so hard when our parents age, and Alzheimer's is so devastating. I'm sorry. But your grandkids -- life goes on and they are beautiful and full of life. Love the photos.

Lurline said...

A very beautiful post, Lizzie!
Hugs - Lurline♥

taylorsoutback said...

Life - such a contrast to see the brilliant days of your dear grandchildren as they reach towards the future and to witness the changes in your Mother and those long ago memories you hold so close.
All we can do is connect with each moment and mark it in our own hearts. Your Mother's love will always be there Lizzie and is being passed on to those special young people in your wonderful photos.

Take care and sending hugs across the oceans...

Sue-Anne said...

Your grandbabies are gorgeous. Its not fair that life travels far too quickly.

Love those little bowls in your "E" photo!

baukje said...

Beautiful pictures of your grandchildren. Aren't they lovely?

mdgtjulie said...

What awesome photos, Lizzie. Boy, I wish I had half your talent!! Of course, about the only thing I take pics of is my stitching, sooooo... But still... They're wonderful kids, I am sure. At least, they look like wonderful kids. Here's hoping your find your mojo soon!!! I know it's no fun when it's absent.

jen said...

Hello Lizzie, What a lovely nana you are. The photography of your grandchildren is beautiful, such precious memories to treasure.
Thinking of you with your Mum.
Lets hope your applique mojo comes back soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin