Monday, 3 October 2011

I'm in the garden again....

Where do you go when you really need to think and clear your head of all the detrius flying around in there? I take myself off for a walk in our garden, granted, it's not quite your average suburban plot, it's over 4 acres and after nearly 10 years, it's mostly all garden now..


This is looking back down the big driveway towards the house,  you can just see it hiding there at the end.


From my sewing room window my view is to where I'm standing to take this shot...




No wonder I don't get anything done some days is it..?










Here's part of the old chook shed, derelict and forlorn, no chooks or ducks now. Mr Fox is just too cruel and I can't deal with the carnage he leaves behind...






The first of the tiny Pink Clematis is in flower, this one is climbing over the bridge that the Railway Man built over one of his ponds..








Very fond of ponds and bridges is the Railway Man...


















Sweet little buds waiting to burst open....












...not quite the fields of blue from my lost youth, but a swathe of forget-me-nots under the trees at the front of the house. 


We can leave them here, everywhere else they have to be pulled out so that the sticky seeds don't get on the dogs, they're a nightmare to get out but fortunately the dogs don't go around here...














Daisies, any sort of daisies are always gorgeous, but white daisies are my  favourite flower and these tiny, perfect Seaside Daisies (Erigeron glaucus) are just so sweet...






They tend to pop up all over the garden and I just love their delicate leaves and flowers...












This is what we've always called the dry creek bed, we built it a few years ago. You can just see the driveway we use all the time on the other side of the big rock and before the bridge beyond..




That's the little bridge with the Clematis on. Very pretty with the new leaves on the weeping Willow just out...


I could wish that there wasn't any water in there though, that would mean that the weather was warmer, sunnier and far more amenable than it's been just lately....














That's it for now I'm afraid, I'm hoping to have some quilting related things to show you soon...that would be different wouldn't it? It would actually mean that I've been doing something other than walk around the garden, head in the mists of time again and camera in hand........
Have a great week...











12 comments:

Melody said...

Beautiful photos

sandie said...

Where do I go when I need to clear my head or just relax and enjoy the view? Often it's to your garden Lizzie. Your photo's are beautiful and the ones of your home and garden I really love as we used to live quite near you about 23 years ago. It brings back many good memories for me so thank-you for allowing us to "walk" in your garden with you.

Margaret said...

Oh so lovely. How do you keep up 4 acres? So many lovely spring flowers too. Sigh. I hope all is well with you.

Sue said...

There's nothing as good for the soul as taking time to enjoy such beauty. Just let it all soak in.
We've had so much rain overnight we might even turn green too.

Kim said...

Happy springtime, Lizzie!

Fiona said...

I enjoyed the little wander around your garden. Makes me want to pack up my office and go home to play in the garden. Now that daylight savings is here at least I can get an hour or so in of an evening. Thanks for sharing :)

Fee X

taylorsoutback said...

You have chosen the perfect place to unclutter thoughts and refresh.

Mr. Outback also likes bridges and just rebuilt our little one that crosses over the spillway from our pond. There was so much water from the pond this past spring when the ice went out that it ate away the bank.

Don't you love the soft greens of willows when they start to leaf out...thank you for taking us along.

baukje said...

LOVE your photos!!!

rosie said...

Hi Lizzie, I am new to your blog, but I really enjoyed my visit to your garden.. wishing you happy thoughts..

Lynne said...

I'd love a garden like yours; but that would mean I would have to get out and help WM in it, wouldn't it? I prefer to look and plan and leave the dirty work to him!

BTW, our husband's have much in common: mine is a station master, and loves bridges and ponds - we have one in both the front (a dry creek bed) and back yard!

Ozjane said...

Lovely composition in the photos.
I just denuded the front beds of forgetmenot plants today..and cut some bulb leaves back to get petunia seedlings in for summer color after the joys of Spring.

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous pics.........

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin