Monday, 31 October 2011

More Quilts...

Here's the last of the photos I took at the Ballarat Quilt Show on Saturday... 


 'Greek Key Log Cabin Quilt' by Dawn Ruddick






'Birds in the Forest' by Jenny Bacon 


2nd Prize for Traditional Quilt at the Sydney Quilt Show 2010 
3rd Place for Hand Quilted Small Quilts at The American Quilters Show in Lancaster, Pennsylvania 2011 



 'Never Again' by Anneli Hamilton
Quilt as you Go, double sided....no wonder she called it 'Never Again'...!! 








'Antiquilted' by Liz Dyer




'Starry Roses' by Karen Pior




'St Patricks Floor' by Thelma Wilson
This is based on part of the floor in St Patricks Cathederal, Ballarat. 




'Jacob's Ladder' by Jennifer Mitchell 




'Why I live Where I live' by Trish Lemon
This one was my personal favourite and the one that got my vote for viewers choice, here is what Trish wrote about her quilt..
 "This quilt is a personal representation of the view from my dining room. Each element holds personal meaning , from the sunrise, to the drought-drenched property that is our country home. The tree representing the passing of our first family dog 'Flopper' and the chatter of the Silver Eye Finches in amongst the flowering Pincushion Hakea."
   


I was totally mesmerised by the colours in the quilt....

 ..I think too, the thing that made it for me was the fact that it wasn't traditional, it was made with love for the place this lady is in now. Pushing the boundaries of normal, I quite like that at the moment...



 Oh look, who's that....? 


  It's Jill and Gudrun..!! We had a great day of course, great quilts, great friends, fabulous trading tables, lunch was pretty 'blah' but that's okay the rest of the day made up for the terrible lunch service....... 


Take care my friends, I'll be back in a day or two... 
xx


Apologies for photos and text being all over the place, seems blogger is still not playing nicely..!!

10 comments:

Denise :) said...

These have been wonderful -- I've enjoyed the show through your eyes! I think my favorite of them all was one that you posted today -- the "Never Again" quilt. How gorgeous it was!!! But I can sure see why she'd call it that!!

Nancy in MT said...

I love Where I Live, such meaning behind the quilting. Thanks for the stunning quilt show.

Margaret said...

Stunning designs and very patient talented ladies out there. A truly admirable show of quilts.

Lynne said...

Oh my, there are some beautiful quilts there, aren't there?

Sue said...

Gorgeous quilts and I really like the Spargonian ones. Heehee.

Karen said...

Wow some amazing work there. I bet the one you loved reminds you of the view from your window as you sew, a place with lovely gardens full of memories.

ButtonMad said...

An incredible amount of hard work showcased here...thanks for sharing.

John'aLee said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful quilt show!

Francien said...

Thanks for sharing those awesome quilts Lizzie....but i love the quilt of Trish Lemon....that is so beautiful!!...the colors and fabrics are so stunning i would never had the courage to put those together....i am going to save the pictures of that lovely quilt in my dokuments if i may just so i can look at that some more... you must have had a "golden"day there.....greetings Francien.

Rebecca said...

What amazing Quilts they are all lovely and wish I could have seen then . I think my favorite was the " Birds in the forest "
Hugs Bec

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin