Saturday, 17 December 2011

Busy days...



on thursday, my community house sewing group had our christmas lunch at The Boatshed in Ballarat this was Vickie's lunch, she and Lin had an entree of a tasting plate, thinking it was going to be a smaller meal....it wasn't at all, it was huge....

Jill had the pizza which she said was yummy....


...I had this pasta with basil pesto, prosciutto and tossed cherry tomatoes..


 ...and it was 'alright', not amazing, just alright..!! I was a bit disappointed with that but the day was fabulous, the location was wonderful and the company was awesome, so I can live with that...

 

 I should have just had dessert and got them to give me my halo back.. :o)


  before we went for lunch, Karen (no blog) and I went to millrose for the morning tea and show and tell....we couldn't stay for too long but being the 'official' taker of pictures for millrose and thru the red door, I didn't want to miss out...


I lent Karen my point and shoot and she was taking photos of the photographer taking photos.. :o)

 yesterday we went down to our youngest daughters in Geelong for a bbq, she has friends from Western Australia staying for a few days and it was lovely to catch up with them again. 















I needed a photograph for my flickr group 'prompt me' and the word this week was 'festive' so I had all the kids (and a couple of adults that think they're kids) put on santa hats or reindeer antlers...


















Ryan was a very festive grandson wearing hat and beard... 





























but this was the one I was looking to get....

notice the railway man..? can't jump when there's a dog to pat and talk dog talk to.... and not a lot of jumping effort from the santa with the beard either!!  Young Matthew at the front has got the jump action going though......


 ...and speaking of dogs....


this little lady was doing some gardening again the other day, she's getting quite good at it you know..... :o)


hope you're all being good this week, I've seen the naughty and nice list and as far as I can tell, we're all in the 'nice' column, so lets keep it that way.....at least until the big guy in the red suit gets here ..    ;o)
XXX

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Shouldn't show me food first thing in the morning. Mmmmm, it all looks good! Sorry you were disappointed with yours though. I like seeing a pic of the photographer in action. You are amazing! And I love the Santas and efves. lol! Great pic! Ah for a Christmas in Australia. I just can't imagine having a bbq on the beach on Christmas. lol!

Laurie in Iowa said...

The food looks yummy!

Marls said...

It is disappointing when the dish you choose doesn't come up to what you hoped for. Glad you had a great day all the same. Love the family shot-one to treasure for the years to come.

Cath said...

Hi Lizzie,

Just want to say how much I love your blog site, so much so, that i decided i wanted to do one myself. Figuring it out as I go. Thank you for the inspiration.

xxx
Cath

Sue said...

Hmmm yummy looking food shots, even the Pasta looks good enough to eat. Love your festive family, I think I've failed Festive this week.....oops sorry!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin