Wednesday, 7 December 2011

I still live here....

...really I do, I've just been so busy as well as being quite sick with the Bubonic Plague...!! Well, that's what it felt like anyway, an overly generous grandchild endowed me with some germs and laid me low for 10 days AND as well as that, my desktop PC died..!! So the guy that lives here (aka The Railway Man) agreed that I should buy one of these.... I still have my little macbook but I find it really difficult to play with my photos on a tiny screen...my advancing years I expect...anyway, I bought this iMac and I'm thrilled with it, just have to learn to use iPhoto I think, I've always used Windows Picture to store in (as well as my numerous portable drives) so a small learning curve needed I think! 




 I took the day off from everything last Friday as I had no voice at all, spent most of my time coughing and feeling sorry for myself so I  started to put up my Christmas decorations, I've finished in the lounge room but still haven't got the kitchen lights and decs up yet, better get a move on before it's all over hadn't I..? 


I was thrilled to be able to put my Crimson Tweed quilt up this Christmas and I love how it looks....


...please don't look at any of the mess that's hanging around through the kitchen door..!!


The header picture is from last year, I love my kitchen all lit with fairy lights, sparkly baubles and gingerbread men, although I am going to have to do a bit of a rearrange this year as we haven't got the island bench anymore and the table is in the kitchen now...!!




I've been taking some photographs for Millrose and Irene Blanck of Focus on Quilts too.





 
I can't give you Irene's website as it's not up and live yet, but as soon as it is I'll give you the link and you'll be amazed at her quilts, a lovely lady with lots of talent.... Hopefully I'll be able to do a post on 'Thru the red door..' in the next day or so, it's so hard catching up with anything at this time of the year...














I did manage to get the railway man's Christmas present finished though, it's at the framers now and should be ready by the 21st...    :o)  I know, I cut it close didn't I, it's going to look fabulous I think and I'll show you as soon as I get it back, I'm really excited to see what it looks like.....


okay, time to go and chill in front of the box for an hour before I hit my pillow and liaise with Mr Sandman for a while....


..be good people and I'll C U all soon...
XX

27 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Loving all the decorations and the quilt looks gorgeous!

Quilt Kitty said...

Oh that iMac will be fun but there is always the learning curve to deal with. Your quilt looks wonderful, lovely decorations. Keep getting better too. Tracee xx

Teresa Felgueiras said...

Great purchase. I have an IMac and I love it. Most of my blogging is made using it.
Your Christmas quilt is stunning. Really beautiful.

Cathy said...

So sorry to hear you have not been well, I hope you heal up fast now! Love the mac have fun playing with your new toy and your crimson tweed quilt is divine. xo

the running chicken quilting said...

Wow, how lovely your quilt looks! I haven't even started on Christmas yet....I have a Macbook pro and it is good for photos, iPhoto is really easy to use! Good luck!

Margaret said...

Congratulations on the iMac! I love Apple products. :D Love the pic of your Crimson Tweed quilt up and pretty hanging on the wall. And that pic you took for the Focus on Quilts ladies -- whoa! Gorgeous! Love the header pic too. Hope you're feeling all back to normal now. Being sick is no fun at all -- and I hate coughing!

Quilt Station said...

Hi Lizzie, I must be a complex mix of 19th century and 21st century girl because I am pea green with envy over two things in your house...your apple I-mac of course but also that large (solid fuel?) range cooker I spied thru the open kitchen door. I'd give my eye teeth for either of those things ;-) Hope you're feeling better, you sure looked a bit miserable with it when I saw you last. Merry Christmas if I don't see you before,
Margaret

Maree: said...

Sorry to hear you have been Unwell..Love your New Toy Have Fun..Your Quilt looks Beautiful.
Take Care

taylorsoutback said...

Good to know you are on the mend...our grown son always seemed to present us with exotic germs during the holiday season...compliments of all the other classmates - everyone shares!
Your quilt by the doorway is a delight and I love the softly rolled and stacked layers of the other quilts you photographed...it could be the front of a greeting card!

Kate said...

Dear Lizzie, hope the plague is on it's last legs now and you are feeling better. Your Crimson Tweed looks gorgeous hanging and love your new header!

Banaghaisge said...

It all looks wonderful, very Christmassy (not contrived and OTT like so many others who look like they may just be competing with the Myers Christmas windows!!). And you will LOVE the Mac, they are designed for visual people I reckon. Enjoy playing with it! And happy happy Christmas too. xxxx

Irene B said...

Hi Liz

Love your quilt and love the look of your decorated house! And thanks for the gorgeous photos - even I was impressed with the stack of quilts!! :)

Lurline said...

Love your Post, Lizzie and your Crimson Tweed - just so beautiful, what a great investment! Get better soon.
Hugs - Lurline♥

Leanne said...

Lovely new play thing and I instantly checked the tidiness of your house LOL.

Faeryfay said...

I totally love the crimson tweed Christmas quilt! Beautiful!

Francien said...

Your header is so lovely Lizzie....my kind of decorations....and your quilts....i write another tousend times if you let me...they are so beautiful!! the pile of quilts is "mouthwatering" and your Crimson Tweed stunning!! Hope you will feel better soon...take care...and your girls from your lost previous post look so good...lovely picture!! greetings Francien.

Julie said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Lizzie. I'm sure 'Mac' will help you get better.
The quilt in your kitchen looks lovely.

~Laurie~ said...

Hope you are feeling more like yourself now - you certainly have been busy! Everything looks so pretty in your home - love the header too! If I don't see you before the big day - Merry Christmas from Texas!

baukje said...

That Mac is GREAT. Hope you are feeling better now. Lucky you that you finished the railman's presents in time..... Don't stress yourself.......

Beck said...

Your house looks so festive and beautiful! And your quilts are as gorgeous as ever. How exciting to have a new Mac! Woo hoo! I hope you are feeling better soon and that you enjoy Christmas with your family and friends. Take care xo

Karen said...

It was a happy day when my iMac came to live here too Lizzie - enjoy it.
I hope you're feeling better, it's a tough time of year to be sick.

Jen said...

Hello Lizzie,Your Crismon Tweed Christmas quilt is beautiful hanging on the wall,I love the little birds. The decorations are lovely. Wow!to the iMac.The Apple store have free lessons.I am starting some next week for my new iPad 2 and they are free.Hope you are feeling better as there is so much to do at Christmas.

Sue said...

Yikes Lizzie, I thought I'd put a comment here before but "No" I hadn't. I love your new 'puter and the little Spargonian treasure looks just fine on your wall. I think the silly season has finally got me and eaten my brain!

Janet said...

What mess, I can't take my eyes of your fantastic quilt, sigh. I'm a first time ipad user and so far I love it, I hope you get that mac behaving as it should.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! That is the most beautiful Christmas quilt I've ever seen! It is perfect with the red cardinals at the bottom! I'm sending a link to your blog to my cousin...she will love seeing it, too! ♥

CHRIS said...

Your Crimson Tweed looks amazing Lizzie wish I was hanging up my wool quilt but alas I'm not nearly done yet. Have a wonderful Christmas Season. Hugs Chrisb xxx

Josie said...

Crimson Tweed is nothing short of gobsmackingly gorgeous!! I wish... I wish... I wish... it were mine!!
Hope you've beaten the plague... sounds particularly nasty.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin