Friday, 23 December 2011

It's coming on christmas.....



Once again, the house is dressed and smells of christmas.......
gingerbread, cinnamon and cloves, the christmas lilies with their sweet perfume, new mown grass (the railway man cut it today), the warm breeze blowing in through the open windows and doors. Summer has finally arrived at this house in the country just in time for christmas.....


presents are wrapped beneath the tree and Miss Molly is behaving and not trying to eat them :o) The last minute secret sewing is finished, food is in the 'fridge, the turkey and ham hides in the darkness waiting for christmas morning, cakes and pies, shortbread, fudge, cookies and pavlova done and waiting to star, drinks waiting for the corks to be popped.


the railway man has six days off work so he gets to enjoy the whole celebration this year. We will spend christmas day at our eldest daughters with three of our four children and their partners, there will be six of our grandchildren from 6 to nearly 16 to entertain us with their singing, jokes, antics and love, lots of hugs and kisses for this nana. boxing day our home will be full of family and friends, chilling out with good friends, great food and wine...how much better could it get.......


did I tell you that I love christmas...?  :o)


so, from my family...........
































...to yours...









...from my country....


...to yours, however you say it...




Buon Natale,  Joyeux Noël,  Frohe Weihnachten,
 God jul, Vrolijk kerstfeest,  Καλά Χριστούγεννα,  Nollaig Shona, Nadolig Llawen.


Merry Christmas




I'm planning on spending as much time as I can with this lovely lady over the next week, she no longer really knows me and her spiral into the black hole of Alzheimer's/Dementia has just about taken her away from us, it will be the last christmas she will be at home with Dad and I need to store the memories away so I can take them out in the dark days and remember that once, she knew and loved me.....
  love you Mum, forever....XXX

this photo was taken Dec 2008, two days before her 80th birthday



I'll be back next week sometime I expect....
Have a good one everyone....
XXX

17 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh Lizzie, there is always a tinge of sadness in the happiness. Spend some wonderful time with your mum and have a wonderful time with all those family members.

Jan-Maree said...

Dewar Lizzie, Sorry about your Mum. So glad you have the rest of your family around you to cheer you. your dad will be glad of you. All sounds wonderful at your home. All the best for Christmas and Boxing Day and the rest of the break!

Julia said...

Merry Christmas Lizzie..
Make some more loving lasting precious memories with your Mum...beautiful lady, touched my heart.
Best wishes to you and your family..
Julia ♥

Sue said...

A wonderful post with sadness about your Mum. I'm wishing you all wonderful days together and lots of love.

Annie said...

Sending lots of love your way for a Merry Christmas Lizzy. My "Railway Man" will be working, but we will all have dinner together. A nice quiet day for us. A coffee with you in the New Year at that wonderful place we meet.

Margaret said...

Oh Lizzie. You have me in tears about your mum. Such a lovely picture of your parents. Yes, store those memories away and give her lots of loving. And enjoy the good times with your wonderful family and your friends. So glad the DH has 6 days off. i'm hoping my DH does too, but that depends on how his work goes. I love your post. You're so eloquent and your photos are wonderful. I hope you have a happy happy Christmas. Enjoy the summery weather (which still throws me for a loop!). Hugs.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Have a wonderful Christmas full of special memories! You have a very beautiful family!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Merry Christmas!

Lynne said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I wish summer would come to Sydney - even one full day of sun would be nice!

WM (my Railway Man) has his annual holidays starting tomorrow so that was good timing!

taylorsoutback said...

Your Mom will know the hug from you...

A lovely post with such sweet words.

Wishing you all that is good and kind this holiday season.

Oh Pavlova...I have my husband's Aunt Marie's recipe that she mailed me from Sydney...yum.

Kate said...

Merry Christmas Lizzie, its been a treat to get to know you this year,love Kate

Bronwyn said...

Merry Christmas Lizzie - hope to bump into you again in the New Year - enjoy family hugs and kisses at this time of year - best presents we can give each other.

paddysdaughter said...

Wishing you and yours all the best Lizzie. Sue

baukje said...

I wish you and your family a peaceful and happy Christmas. Hope your parents are well....... Hope the sadness will not be to heavy for you!!!!

Vivian said...

Merry Christmas Lizzie, I hope you have a precious day with you mum and family.

Take care and all the best to you.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Seasons greetings lovely Lizzie xx

I hope your Christmas day was full of new happy memories... and wish you all the love in the world!

Vikki xoxoox

Khris said...

oh dear Lizzie that post about your sweet Mum brought tears to my eyes. Life is just so unfair at times. My heart goes out to you and to your family....enjoy all the time you have with her no matter what. Hugs
Khris

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin