Wednesday, 25 January 2012

I am, you are, we are Australian

....and I'm very proud to be so...I'll be off watching the kids (and grown boys) belly flop and bomb water out of the pool, once again toss a snag on the barbie take lots of happy snaps of my gorgeous grandkids and generally have a great Australia Day with some of my family tomorrow, so I just want to say 'have a good one Australia' it's going to be a perfect day here in Victoria....stay safe on the roads and remember to slip, slop, slap....   :o)


I'd better show you some other stuff before I get carried away in my patriotic fervour hadn't I..  :o)

...my rag rug-along is alonging nicely, it's not exactly oval but I'm not going to fuss over it as I'm enjoying the process and I'll be happy to have it in front of my wood stove this winter....































...this arrived yesterday...woohoo!! I've been looking forward to getting my new Sue Spargo BoM 'Earth 'n Twig', how are those colours....love it.























I have another project in the planning stage too, can't show you too much as I'm not sure where I'm going with it yet but as soon as I know I'll share of course...:o)  the colours might just give you a hint as to the season it belongs in......




be good everyone, I'm off to cook some brownies (not very australian I know but the kids love them) enjoy your day Australia....
XXX

9 comments:

Lynne said...

It won't seem like summer here in Sydney - more rain and temperature around 25°C! Nevertheless, Happy Australia Day to you too!

Margaret said...

Happy Australia Day! I always know it's coming when I watch the Australian Open. Love it! Your rug is looking good! And the Sue Spargo kit -- can't wait to see the first part! Nor your new project either. So pretty! What do you use to do your wool applique??? DMC? Perle cotton?

sarapatch said...

Happy Australia Day from the Italy..

Leanne said...

Happy Australia Day to you too. It's going to be hot here.love the rag rug.

Sue-Anne said...

Happy Australia Day Lizzie! I have just pick the soldier boy up from the airport and I think I will spend the afternoon inside watchiing the tennis - it is stinking hot here today. Enjoy the day with your family. Oi Oi Oi

taylorsoutback said...

Wishing you a wonderful, family filled Australia Day from Wisconsin. USA

Miriam said...

Happy Australia Day, Lizzie.

The colours in that wool in your last photo are delicious! :)

patchelle said...

The BOM1 is so beautiful! I received mine 1 week ago!! ( I'm in France..)

Ozjane said...

love that song and I meant to find it to add to the poem but good distracted. Nice to hear it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin