Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Just need shoes.....

...I told you that we have two weddings with four weeks between them didn't I..? our youngest son Chris is marrying the lovely Anastasia two weeks this coming Saturday and our youngest daughter, Sarah is marrying her handsome American, Matthew, exactly four weeks later......





this is all fabulous of course...well, it will be when I've made the total of seven cakes that will make up both wedding cakes, a four tier for Chris and Annie and a three tier for Sarah and Matthew and of course when I've sorted out what I'm wearing...!!












 today I went down to Geelong to visit Dad and take him in to see Mum, so I decided that this jeans and tee shirt woman had better get some glam to wear for the first wedding at least..!! I had bought a gorgeous bag the other week when I was out with my bff Jen, and today I bought the first outfit....
..I still have to pick up the top but it's bought and paid for, they just have to get a smaller size for me....{insert very big grin at the thought of a smaller size}....so now I just need shoes....!!! the colour of the skirt is actually a pale chocolate/coffee/pinky colour and the gorgeous bag :o) looks lovely with it...it's nothing like the purple tinge you can see in the photograph. anyway, I love it! I'm really not a glam, bling type of girl and I do prefer an old pair of well cut jeans to high heels and diamonds (not that I'm wearing diamonds you understand) but you get what I mean don't you? So....shoes!! I'm thinking I want a pair of red, sling back, low heels? I know, totally impractical but then they'd look awesome with jeans later....yes?? Otherwise I'm going to have to go with black and then I'll have to change my bag won't I.....??  sigh!! it's not easy this dressing up business is it? and I'm doing it all again straight after this wedding..!


on the sewing front, I've managed to make a start on my Sue Spargo block in-between making cakes {two fruit down, five chocolate mud to go} and I'm hoping to finish it this week...



okay, I'm off to stitch some more of my block..... see you soon.. XX

11 comments:

Lynne said...

I hope your shoe shopping is fun and successful.

baukje said...

Go for RED , that will also be very good with jeans and why not high heels; That is also very sexy with old jeans. I am not a high heel girl but sometimes I like to wear them, hear the klick-klack and feel very girly!!!!!
Good luck with your shoeshopping.

Judith said...

Two weddings one after the other. wow, you will have to be super organised. But I bet they will go like a dream. I love red shoes, I remember buying a red dress and wanted matching shoes. I trailed my husband and son all over Newcastle for hours looking for something I liked. I did eventually find some and in the sale too.

Robyn of Robyns Nest said...

I love you bag & outfit (would be great to see a pic of you all glammed up) to bad you live miles away from where I live (Healesville) we've got a couple of greatshops here, the first is my all time fave 'KG on Maroondah' & the other is 'Black Cat'...... if you're ever here callin they have dress & great casual shoes.
I'd love to pics of the wedding cakes too.

Margaret said...

Well, you know, the in guys these days say you don't have to match your shoes with your purse. In fact they don't like too much matchy matchy. :D So I wouldn't worry about it too much. The skirt looks so pretty -- and the bag is great! Red sling backs would be great! Love your Sue Spargo so far! Now how is it you're making the cakes? Lucky kids to have a talented mom! And btw, congrats to the future newlyweds! (I assume the American is staying in Australia??)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I was going to suggest one outfit for both...then I read on and realized that idea wouldn't work :o)

I recently wore out my "wedding outfit" It did well as I got 4 weddings in it! Pretty good innings really! Fortunately everyone is married now so I should n't need one for awhile...then again they are all having babies...maybe I need a "christening outfit"

CHRIS said...

Hi Lizzie, your outfit looks fabulous. I'd get the red shoes you could paint them for the next wedding surely that would justify !! Happy hunting. chris

Sue said...

Wow, shopping for luscious clothes and shoes, licking cake beaters and dabbling in Sue Spargoness. Could your life get any better this month. Enjoy every minute of it.

Quilt Station said...

I love the red bag too and think red sling backs would be perfect...with everything! I saw a woman with a pair on just last week and thought they were divine, and I mean a Woman,like us... not a lass.
She had great legs and I bet you have too under those jeans ;-)

happy shopping
M

Leanne said...

I'm with you give me jeans and boots any day. Good luck with your shopping.

Kim said...

What a wonderful time for your family. What to wear? Be glad the bride did not want to be marry her American back home in his hometown, Minnesota...you'd know what to wear and it'd be a fluffy down parka! Lol. Enjoy the wedding festivities and congrats to the newlyweds to be.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin