Tuesday, 17 January 2012

So I wanted to make another wool quilt....

(reba, can't reply to your comment as you're no-reply, the fabric is Blackbird Designs 'Antique Fair' pattern # 2676)




...this was last November/December and I knew that the Sue Spargo BoM wasn't starting until this month. Around the same time a box full of Quilted Crow Girls patterns arrived at Millrose...well, what was I supposed to do I ask you...?








I decided to do the '1864' quilt, this one is designed as a BoM so ideal really, I can work alongside the Sue Spargo when it arrives..... :o) 


Do I sound convincing? 


I've also committed myself to another 'along' in the last few days, but more of that later...


  these are the fabrics/wools I'm making this in...







..the background is 'Hometown' by Sweetwater, the red check is 'Antique Fair' by Blackbird Designs and the blue with red flowers is 'Vanity Fair c. 1892' by Nancy Gere..






..the wools are all from Weeks Dye Works wool fabric collection with the exception of the mustard, that's my own that I dyed a couple of years ago. all the reds are the same dye lot "Merlot" although different wool, the blue is "Deep Sea' and the last colour is "Thistle". The colour is truer in the first shot, I'm using this one for the leaves...






..this is as far as I've gone this week but it's hot here tonight so I might just sit in front of the box, air con on and stitch those stems down tonight....


So....the 'along' that I've joined is Jodies 'rug a long', braiding a rag rug. I'm cheating a little and using a couple of jelly rolls and I also want mine to be oval so that it will sit in front of my wood stove in the kitchen....we'll see how that goes, I haven't started yet of course  ;o) but I will ....  soon!!!

13 comments:

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

Are you sure you're keeping yourself busy enough? LOL

baukje said...

Beautiful projects. And the wool colors......they looks o bright and soft, I don't know if a color can look soft but for me : yes it can!!!! i also have so many projects in mind........ will do a post today about them.

Jodie said...

hey Lizzie , will you give me a demo of your whipstitch one day. I'm a bit stuck.

Sue B said...

this is going to be a lovely cosy quilt for the winter time

Cathy said...

Love it! xo

Margaret said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I'm going to enjoy seeing your progress on both wool quilts! And the rag rug thing. I was making one years and years ago. Abandoned it and who knows where it is now. lol! It was going along pretty well though!

Sue said...

Oh goodness! Where did you get all that energy? Love the fabrics for your new BoM, it's going to look great.

Karen said...

The pattern you selected is a beauty. So many little ins and outs to cut. I am not familiar with the pattern. You have a lot of work ahead of you but it will be worth it.

Maree: said...

Your New Project is Gorgeous as are your Fabrics for it...
Love the Idea of the Braided Rug looking forward to seeing that..
cheers

Reba said...

I spent the day trying to find that red check Moda cotton fabric. Are you sure it's Antique Fair? I would love to have some to make a quilt in similar colors. Would you please give me any info on that particular fabric.

Reba said...

Thanks. Now I need to find out how to turn on messages. BTW, finding that Windham print here took all day! You are lucky to have a store offering older fabric lines. The lifespan of new releases seems to be less than 6 months...which is totally unfair. HA

taylorsoutback said...

I can see your dilemma - wonderful projects to choose from...and you found a way to do both!!! Like Nature...quilters will find a way...

We could send you some cooler air perhaps? Heading to around 20 below tonight here in the northwoods of Wisconsin...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin