Saturday, 18 February 2012

This boy.....

....my last baby, my blonde dynamo, my rebel....






...the one who tried to fly off the back fence complete with super hero cape, the one who thought he could walk through hot coals, the one that ate the pebbles his siblings were pretending were sweets/lollies in their pretend shop, the one that never walked when a run would do, the one who just had to jump on the stick that he'd balanced on a rock and sever the tendon in his ankle, the one that just had to try everything, the one with no fear, the one that made my stomach drop more often than the others, the one that put my head in my hands with the cry of 'what's he done now?', the one that scared me the most when he learned to drive, the one that calls me Ma, the one that always surprised me with a bunch of 'wildflowers' (aka weeds), the one that will readily admit to being a 'bit of a mum's boy' with a big wide grin..........


where did the years go, how did I blink and he grew into a man, a man that followed his Dad and became a railway man too, a man who still calls me Ma, a man who still likes to drive fast cars, still likes to take risks and chances, still grabs life and holds on tight.....





this boy will be waiting at the alter for his girl to walk down and join him today....


this boy will become a husband today and I couldn't be happier for him....


this boy will make his Mum cry today....


this boy will make his Mum and Dad proud today....


love you big time Chris & Annie
XXX

24 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Congratulations to the Bride and Groom and wishing you all a wonderful day.

Miriam said...

Congratulations to Chris and Annie!

Enjoy every second of the day.

CHRIS said...

and what a perfect day it is. Savour every moment of his Special Day and as you pass his hand to his lady trust... Love Chris

sue niven said...

Have a really lovely day.

Sue said...

Every family has to have a dare devil and doesn't every "Ma" just love him.
Wishing you all a wonderful day and a great life ahead for the happy couple.

Margaret said...

Awww, what a wonderful post! Many happy wishes to the newlyweds. I wish them many many years of happiness and bliss.

Judith said...

Well congratulations!! Enjoy your day!!

Nancy in MT said...

Best wishes to the beautiful couple, have a joyous day.

Cath said...

what a beautiful post! Wishing the happy couple many years of happiness! I follow you regularly Lizzie and haven't seen you around for a bit and was worried about your mum but now I realise you probably had a lot on your plate with the wedding so have a wonderful day. Also love your new blog header

young by design said...

What a beautiful telling of you sweet boy turning into a man! You should be so proud and happy. Congratulations to all of you!

Jan-Maree said...

Oh what a lovely post! Congrats to the bride and groom and to Ma and Dad!

beebee said...

Congratulations!
A daughter in law is a wonderful person to have in your family. It was so hard for me when my sons got married but I knew they had picked the right ones! "A man must leave his mother and father and cling to his wife" and that is what they did. It is not easy for us moms but it has to happen that way!
I wish the new couple many happy years together.!

taylorsoutback said...

They say a Mother is at her happiest when her children are happy. Treasure this day with your son and beautiful daughter-in-law.

To watch our sons grow and become men is so amazing...and yet they will always be that little boy in our hearts...Love the train cake!!

simplestitches said...

congrats to the Bride and Groom...have a wonderful day all of you!

Lurline said...

Lizzie - such a wonderful post - best wishes to all!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Julia said...

Congrats to the Bride and Groom...have a wonderful day all of you...they will be happy tears Lizzie!

Julia ♥

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Congratulations! Enjoy this wonderful day.
Hugs, Anne Lise

Lynda said...

Your story brought a tear to my eye. What a lovely description of your dear boy (could be a description of my darling boy who will be marrying the love of his life in 8 weeks). I hope you and your family are having the most wonderful day.

Sanne said...

Congratulations and God bless this young couple and their dear parents!
Sanne from Germany

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a beautiful post...it's made me cry :o) Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Kaisievic said...

Such a gorgeous post. Congratulations to you all.

hugs, Kaye xoxox

Annie said...

Congratulations Lizzy on gaining a new daughter and what a splendiferous name.

Lynne said...

Tears filled my eyes as I read your post - as I think about my older grandson and wish he could stay two forever!

Leanne said...

What a wonderful post. Read with a tear in my eye.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin