Monday, 27 February 2012

What clever children I have....

....really, I do.  ;o)


I've been meaning to write this post for a week or so but somehow or other I seem to have less hours in my days lately......I've no idea who stole the couple of hours that I seem to have been missing every day but I would appreciate it greatly if you'd please return them unscathed and empty and we'll say nothing else about it...!!!  :o)


Anyway, my youngest daughter (the artist) has just started a blog and it's all linked up to her website, Facebook and her online shop (clever girl), so she's having a little competition to promote it all.
Sarah is giving away a signed and numbered reduction lino print, this is what she says on her FB page..


"Remember guys, for a chance to win a signed and numbered reduction lino print (multi colour print), like my page (if you haven't already) and write a note on my wall telling me what your favourite type of art is and why. Spread the word - comp runs for 4 weeks!! Winner
will be randomly drawn on March 11th."


Here's a link to her Facebook page


and her new blog






If you don't have a Facebook account you can simply email Sarah at  giventoart76@gmail.com and tell her what your favourite type of art is and you'll be in the competition.


She has just had this canvas accepted to be part of a two month exhibition at the Red Rock Regional Gallery in Cororooke, Victoria (just outside Colac for the Aussies), I'll be off to see that next month, well after her wedding of course (less than three weeks now:o).....



 So if you're in the area during March and April please go and have a look at her work (and all the other amazing artists) that's on display and for sale!


You can read the news story of how the gallery came to be HERE..


Clever children I have...  :o)


XXX






10 comments:

Jen said...

Hello there! Just read your post and I have to agree. So looking forward to getting together again soon. Will have to let you know my days off in March so we can journey out past Colac. Sarah's lighthouse is amazing. xxxx

Jen said...

Hello there! Just read your post and I have to agree. So looking forward to getting together again soon. Will have to let you know my days off in March so we can journey out past Colac. Sarah's lighthouse is amazing. xxxx

Jen said...

Hello there! Just read your post and I have to agree. So looking forward to getting together again soon. Will have to let you know my days off in March so we can journey out past Colac. Sarah's lighthouse is amazing. xxxx

Lynne said...

No doubt creativity was accepted, encouraged and nutured in her family!

Sue said...

Your are absolutely right. Gorgeous painting and I loved the wedding gift "Waves" too.

Robin Hill Quilts~Eileen G. said...

Your daughter is so very talented! I really love her "Player" It is wonderful to watch our children settle into their passions~thanks so much for linking us! ♥E

Margaret said...

What a talented daughter! I love that painting -- gorgeous! Clever children indeed.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I can tell you are a very proud Mom...as you should be her work is lovely!

taylorsoutback said...

A wonderful lighthouse painting - isn't it a joy to see our children's accomplishments...

Have a thoroughly enjoyable week and if you find those extra hours, please let us know where you did...they seem to be missing from most of us:o)

Given To Art said...

Well, can I vouch for HOW much creativity was encouraged in our house growing up? Considering you let me paint my wardrobe doors with a ginormous sunflower, and then let me paint Eddie Vedder's face (in oil paint mind you!)on the wall in another bedroom, I'd have to say creativity was definitely nurtured and encouraged! So I guess I should say a big thank you for that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin