Friday, 2 March 2012

Lets have a chat....

It's been a busy start to this year and I can't quite believe that it's March already, it's not going to slow down too much for a few weeks yet! The next wedding is only two weeks tomorrow and I still haven't made the cakes, bought an outfit or altered the girls dresses...sound familiar does it?  :o) I'll get there I know, I think I must function better when I'm pushed.....


the weekend following the wedding, that would be the weekend of the 24th/25th of March it's show time again.......























..a bit sad really as the organisers have decided that this is the last one..!! Anyway, I'll remind you again the week of, but if you're in the area come and visit and take a look at the amazing talent that we have around here..


the weather here in the antipodes has been really strange for the last year or two. it's only three short years since the devastating bush fires of Black Saturday ripped through Victoria, killing 173 people. last year the Queensland floods claimed 35 lives and affected over 2 million people in that state alone and now the Eastern states are flooded again...!!!
last week we were basking in late summer heat and today we have fires lit, yesterday I made soup to warm my fingers and toes. 


it's been bucketing down since Monday night, we've been fortunate here in our area as we've only had about 70mm since it started on Monday, I know others further north and east are wading around in flood waters. 





I have been doing some sewing and I was happy to finish the first month of the Sue Spargo BoM before Chris & Annie's wedding...




The February block only arrived this week, being on the opposite side of the world sure makes things slow sometimes...!!! I have been getting my block as my northern friends are getting ready to get the next month so I'm always behind the eight ball, I know Sue is further down the line than me as West Australia is the end of the earth as far as postage goes...right Sue?


I also decided that I should get on and try to finish some things this year....sigh, it's so difficult when there are so many beautiful new fabric/patterns/stitches to try..!! I've been doing the hand quilting on this......



...while I've been sat in front of the idiot box at night (it was a welcome warmth last night I can tell you), this is from my Bee Balm blocks two years ago, not too much quilting to do really and I'm really loving getting back to it...


of course I still have new things to start in the next few weeks, there's a certain boys 16th and I see some red, white and blue for that one... :o) Chris & Annie and Sarah & Matthew both have IOUs for a wedding quilt each and I did promise them within the year...!!



I seem to be in a red/white/blue funk don't I? these are for Chris & Annie's quilt, I haven't picked out the fabrics for Sarah & Matthew's yet and I haven't really decided exactly what patterns I'm using yet either...


better get a rumble on I think..  :o)


I'm doing a couple of workshops/classes too this month. I don't usually do classes, in fact I don't think I've ever taken a patchwork/quilting class in the over 30 years I've been quilting...!! anyway, next Saturday I'm doing the 'Botanica' class with Irene Blanck at Millrose .... 
...isn't it gorgeous? Do have a look at Irene's website as it's just beautiful, the photos of the quilts in the garden settings I was lucky enough to take (thanks Irene for trusting me with your awesome quilts)...




 and on the 31st I'm doing the hand piecing class with Judy Newman and making (hopefully) her 'Museum Medallion' quilt. 






you can see a photo of the full quilt here on ..'thru the red door..   


so....it seems I'm still going to be busy!!! looking forward to trying some new things though.....


this is rather a long post tonight isn't it? typical, not around for ages then I have to get on here and have a good old chat don't I.. :o) time to go though, got cupcakes to frost and a raspberry ripple cake to ice for Sarah's bridal shower tomorrow......
fingers crossed everyone for this unseasonal rain to depart our shores and leave us with a beautiful, warm, balmy day on March 17th...wedding in the park...we need it!!
have a good weekend everyone, stay dry, warm or cool (pick one that suits your climate :o)


oh yes, I removed the word verification on comments last week, forgot to tell you.
not happy Mr Google........get it right can't you. this new stuff is ridiculous......you NEED to be a robot to read that stuff..!!!

9 comments:

Copper Patch said...

Some wonderful quilts on your horizon Lizzie! Love the look of the Botanica quilt.
Happy sewing,
Ab x

Jodie said...

Are you getting spammed Lizzie, the new blogger thing is a killer but so far I am too scared to turn it off.

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness! Such eye candy! And the wedding almost here too! You are so busy! Good luck with the wedding prep and the wedding quilts, birthday quilts, etc. Love those red, white and blue fabrics! Love the Sue Spargo! Love the quilts in your future too! Ahhh, so gorgeous!! Looking forward to more posts and more eye candy. :D Hope your mom is doing well.

Mimi said...

Enjoyed all the news...and pics... and you sure have this one on target....

.you NEED to be a robot to read that stuff..!!!

Donna~~ said...

Gorgeous red and blue fabrics--so tempting...maybe I'll need to shop for a few too! The Museum Medallion is a gorgeous project--lucky you to be able to take the class!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like you are getting some interesting weather...I can't help think if things are getting cold for you then things might warm up here...sorry...your bad news...is kinda my good news :o)

Margaret said...

Nice cold day for a chat. Thanks for the date for the Ballan Show a must this year.

Jen said...

Nice chat with heaps to do. Your quilts look lovely with being hand peiced. Look foreward to more wedding photos with your camera.
We are having strange weather also with N.S.W. being deluged with the heavist rain in 80 yrs and 75% flooded.

Leanne said...

So many projects so little time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin