Sunday, 4 March 2012

Pink...

...everything was pink at Sarah's bridal shower yesterday..!
 her girls had done the organising and in the way of a ten, nearly 13 and a 14 year old, things were in the pink....!! So we had pink marshmallows and doughnuts, strawberries and chocolate, tiny sandwiches, pink dusted chews...



  ...pink lemonade....
(and lots of lovely tea in gorgeous china cups too)









..vanilla cupcakes with sugar hearts....






..and an awesome, mouth watering, delicious raspberry ripple cake with vanilla frosting (blowing of one's own trumpet here :o)



...Bec, Sarah, Sam, Caitlin and Eden...not sure where Em was, probably wafting around with balloons as 10 year olds do... :o) we had a wonderful afternoon playing silly games, devised by the above mentioned girls, whilst wearing tiny plastic tiara's adorned with pink feathers and ribbon....very glam..! then later the men came over for a bbq dinner...lovely day and evening was had by all..!
less than two weeks to 'W' (wedding) day now......excitement is mounting in the house!!




 ...now I'd like to introduce you to this young lady, she's my great-niece and I was thrilled to finally meet her yesterday...

  ...please say hello to Miss Ella Rose....cutie isn't she?




..here she is with her aunty Jess. Jess and Ella's Mum, Chloe are my brothers twin girls....


finally a few lovely souls have asked how my Mum is going and I thank you for keeping her in your thoughts...




...she's doing well, settling in quite well although we do have our moments!! I took this yesterday when I took Dad to see her, I had taken my camera in so that I could get a shot of the two of them together and I asked her if she'd like to have her photo taken with Dad...! she said " I suppose so, does he have to be in it too..?" that's the remark that caused the laughter you can see on Dad's face....makes my heart swell seeing the love that still exists deep down where the Alzheimer's hasn't touched ... yet!!


okay, time to go sit in front of the idiot box and do some quilting I think, I'll be back in the week I expect....   :o)

14 comments:

baukje said...

Oh Lizzie what wonderful pictures you made. The last one with your parents is so emotional. Your mother who is looking in the 'nowhere' and your father with so much love in his eyes is looking at her!!!
I was in Holland for ten days so could not visit you earlier.... Take care because these are with weeks with lots of joy and happiness but also very very busy.......

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Looks like you had fun! That cake does look tempting :)
Lovely photo of your parents.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Stunning photographs Lizzie, just gorgeous shot of all your girls together! Love the story about your Mum too - such a lovely image of your dad laughing away, and the love so obvious between them.

Okay - so did you save me some of that delicious raspberry ripple cake?????!!!!

Hugs sweetie! Vikki xoxo
ps. Ella Rose has made me feel broody - noooooooooo!!!!!! he he...

Sue said...

So much fun in this post. Sugar sweet! I really love that photo of Mum & Dad.

beebee said...

Looks like the girls had a lovely time. A wedding is always an exciting party to prepare for. Your photos are beautiful.
I continue to keep your mom and family in my prayers.
Yes, you can see the love in your dad's eyes proving that Love is forever. Glad to know she is adjusting so well

Sue B said...

Beautiful pictures, and sounds like such a perfect afternoon of pink treats to eat.

Margaret said...

lol! What a comment from your mom! Glad to hear she's settling in. What a lovely picture of your parents! And the shower -- looks so great! Good for the girls getting all organized, and the lovely cake you made, and everything. I'd love to try those pink sprinkled cashews -- I love cashews. lol! 2 weeks -- oh boy!!

taylorsoutback said...

Your Mum's humor is precious! And your Dad looks like such a sweetheart...A perfect example of what wedding vows are all about.

That cake looks fantastic and all the pink touches and tiara's must have been great fun...what an energetic group of young ladies.

quilt happy said...

beautiful baby and beautiful girl holding her

Annie said...

Lizzy, your photos are truely PROFESSIONAL!! Love your work, and great to see your mum and dad -

Sew Create It - Jane said...

That last picture is so warm and loving! Brought tears to my eyes...what a treasured picture!

Leanne said...

Wonderful photos of a fun day. How gorgeous is your dad, glad to hear your mum is settling in to her new home.

LuAnn said...

The shower photos are just beautiful as well as the baby photo. I'm sorry about your Mom's Alzheimers, and I pray you find peace of mind in your quilting.

HiddenIdol said...

Gorgeous Photos I like these all and pink touch is always beautiful and loving, your parents picture also very nice and lovely they are looking so happy with each other, we say it "Real Happiness"
Hidden Idol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin