Thursday, 19 April 2012

it's been a while....

...again! 


I don't seem to get much time for blogging just lately, I've still been reading your blogs just not had any time to sit down and put pen to paper......well, you know what I mean...  :o) 


 So where to begin, hhmmm, the last time I posted on here was before Easter!!! Well, it was quiet for most of the Easter weekend at this house in the country. I did some catch up with housework (just enough to look willing of course) got some serious sewing time in in-between housework and managed to get my Museum Medallion quilt up to the first border....




...loving the colours in this and I'm looking forward to getting the small stripe border then the tiny squares done..! 


 Did lots of baking and cooking too for Easter Sunday, the girls and their families came up for a lovely long lunch, lots of food to eat including this Lemon Meringue Cake....



...trust me it's as delicious as it looks. It's a Nigella recipe from her 'Feast' book and such an easy recipe, simple and quick to make, I might just have to make it again soon...Yum!!! 


 So what else has been going on? Oh yes, I've been doing a little sewing on my Quilted Crow pattern, '1864', while I've been sat visiting Mum.......



....it's getting there .........slowly..!! 
 I did start something else though!! I know, really bad aren't I, but I've been thinking of doing this ever since the very talented 
Irene from Focus on Quilts gave me some of her patterns, a little swap for some photography, gotta love a good barter system don't you? Anyway I've been wanting to start it in wool and cotton appliqué ....

 


..say hello to 'Blooming Springtime', she's lovely isn't she?



 ...this is a close up of one of the long blocks and this....

 

...is how far I've got so far...hhmmmm, need to find some extra hours in the days I think to get a move on with the 6 trillion projects I have on the go right now...sigh!! 


I cleaned my sewing room a few days ago and transferred all my projects that I'm working on at the moment into their own clear storage box.....big mistake I think!!! I now know exactly how many I'm working on this year, that doesn't include the ufo's stashed away in their own boxes on top of the bookcase and dresser!


...........ahem, we won't be telling the railway man just how many I've got now will we...?? :o) 


 I haven't had much time to play with my camera in the last few weeks either, the only shots I've taken really are of the amazing sunsets we've been having during our beautiful Indian Summer..! The weather has been just perfect, days warm enough for short sleeves with a chill in the air at night....

 
..this one taken a couple of weeks ago just as a storm swept through at sunset....

 
...taken from our small driveway one night last week, love the jet stream from the plane heading to warmer climes to the west of us. At this time of the year here we have a lot of smoke in the air from the burn off of scrub and bush as well as farmers burning stubble, this gives some spectacular sunsets ....

 
...and finally, last nights spectacle as I was driving home from my day in Geelong... Pretty impressive hey?

14 comments:

Jan-Maree said...

WOW!! gorgeous block!!! Great looking cake - don't give me the recipe, I so don't need to add that to my cookbook! Too much temptation!! and finally, lots of gorgeous photos!

5foot1quilts said...

Hey Lizzie, Love your Museum Medallion piece, looks fabulous. I had a lovely day today and I've cut out all the squares to start my pink & green baskets that I picked fabric for today.

Margaret said...

Ahhh, I'm so glad you posted! I was needing some pretty. lol! Love all your projects. Gorgeous! As for number of projects going -- I'm trying to ignore the number of projects I have lying around. lol! Lovely sunset pictures too!

Maree: said...

Love your Block Great Fabrics..your New Project is Lovely too..
Happy Stitching..
cheers

taylorsoutback said...

Don't know where to start! Nice to see you posting and catching up with all your doings. The images of the sunsets are stunning and remind me of my visit to Australia years ago - I thought the skies seemed larger than life and the colors so pure.
Your quilt is so appealing - love the style!
That lemon meringue cake - I so wanted to lick the screen on my laptop but then realized it was not very ladylike...off to check out Nigella's recipe!

Sue-Anne said...

Your Museum centre is gorgeous and that cake looks divine!

Karen said...

I always find round quilt designs very interesting. A bit more of a challenge usually but oh so worth the final product.

Sue said...

Blooming Springtime is blooming gorgeous.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Just popping in to say you are a winner on my blog. Please drop me a line with your details and I'll get your prize out in the post next week.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous work with your quilt block piecing and gorgeous shots of the skies - love it!

Jen said...

Hello Lizzie, Love the photos. The Medallion block is beautiful, looking foreward to seeing the finished quilt. Like me I have a number of projects to finish but I like having them for a choice on some days. Thats what I say anyway!!

Karen said...

I'll say it again, I love the colours on that medallion quilt block Lizzie, gorgeous.
Your cake looks divine - two of my favourite things together - might have to find that recipe I think.
As always - your photos are amazing.

baukje said...

Beautiful block and gorgeous sunsetpictures!!!!

Irene Blanck said...

Hi Lizzy - just read this post - the cake looks absolutely scrumptious - how about bringing one at our next Botanika? It may prompt some more to attend that day - just to have a look!! I think your wool quilt will look fantastic - don't forget our deal!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin