Saturday, 28 April 2012

This fabric jumped into my bag....

...honestly, it did! Last week we were putting new fabrics away at Millrose and Sue pulled these out of the delivery box!!





..truly they just hopped right into my bag and begged me to take them home with me, I really felt that I had to oblige  ;o)


Anyway, however they got there they are the new Christmas range from Primitive Gatherings and I fell in love at first sight. I had some dirty creams from the Presents Worn and Loved range from a few years ago so I used some of those for the wool appliqué squares and decided to make a table runner. I spent last Monday and Tuesday cutting and sewing and started to quilt it on Wednesday night. shouldn't take too long to hand quilt it and I'm hoping to have it finished by this time next week...
..oh my, I love these colours and aren't those tiny reindeer just too sweet...sigh, deep, rich and christmas...perfect!

16 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Beautifully rich colours! no wonder you couldn't leave them! Like what you've done with them!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

They would have jumped into mine too..they're gorgeous!

Kathie said...

I agree!!!! LOVE this line
what an adorable quilt/table runner LOve it.
Kathie

Sue said...

Gorgeous fabric....gorgeouser stitching!

Margaret said...

Ooooh, love it! I can see how it jumped into your bag. :D Lucky you to be helping put fabric out too!

Jan said...

Wonderful colours, Lizzie. No wonder you couldn't resist them. And what you've done with them is gorgeous.

Ullhärvan said...

That's a good thing they did or else you wouln't have made such a lovely table runner.

baukje said...

Yes I believe you it wasn't your fault!!! Enjoy those warm colors

Kaisievic said...

It is indeed a lovely quilted table runner - lovely work and I can see why that fabric wanted to come home with you.

taylorsoutback said...

Opening your home to new fabric is so thoughtful...I know each piece felt very welcomed:o)
Looking forward to seeing that line next week when we visit the Primitive Gatherings shop...it is only a couple of hours away...isn't that convenient! I always get into major trouble when going there...

Love the vintage look photo in your header - there must be lots of stories in that old building...

Peg said...

Absolutely gorgeous I couldn't have left them either ;0)

Peg x

Kath said...

Hello Lizzie, I came over from Anne-Lise and had a lovely time looking round here. I particularly like the colours in this piece, I think you are a very clever lady.
Nice to meet you! blessings, Kath in England

Jen said...

Hi! Lizzie, I can see how that happened. I would let it happen too. Lovely bright colours for Christmas. Love the applique and stitching.

mariarosaria said...

Bellissimo!!!!!!Complimenti!!!

Leanne, Gemma, Lucas, Tony & Sean said...

Great colours and look at your perfect hand quilting.

Annie said...

Looks great Lizzy, I heard a rumor about flannel Kaffe! Jodie and I could be up for coffee soon

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin