Thursday, 31 May 2012

It's been a while...

hasn't it...
life just gets in the way of things sometimes and then it's hard to get back into the things you let slide don't you think....?


I've been on here most days, had a quick look around and then decided that I had nothing to say...!! That's not quite right though, there was plenty to talk about, plenty to tell you about but there's always a reason to not write it down......too late, too tired, too busy, too lazy!!
:o) that's probably the one that is the main reason if the true be told...!!   Anyway, here I am tonight. I really should be going to bed but now I've started I need to finish, so......


I've finished my christmas table runner.....








just happens to be my first finish for the year, which is a bit sad really isn't it....sigh



I think I told you last time that I love the colours in this..





it's living at Millrose at the moment while I decide whether I can write the pattern for it...?




this is the new kid on the block, well it will be when I work the pattern out. It's a bit top secret at the moment, it's for someone quite special really so 'loose lips' and all that jazz, another one with great colours too, red, white and blue, so if you're Einstein you might be able to work some of it out I guess... :o)


I do have some very special news to share with you, I've been sitting on this for a while now but I can finally tell you that we will be having another grand baby in October, they're doing it the old fashioned way and not finding out what sex it is so right now it's affectionately known as the bump or the bit in our house...as in...we have eight and a bit grandies...!!  :o) I'm very excited about having another baby around, Matthew (little dude) is the youngest right now at seven...


and finally (because I really am tired and need to go to bed).......


through my window late this afternoon....






a beautiful farewell to autumn, mother nature gave us a perfect late autumn day today. you can just see the brilliant red of the oak tree behind the yellowing leaves of the curly willow.....sigh!!



That's all folks and I'll try to get here more often, I promise...   ;o)

17 comments:

Cathy said...

Nice to see you again Lizzie, I think a few of us had lost a little blogging mojo this year, I've just found mine again finally. Lovely table runner, great pattern (yes write it!), your wools are gorgeous and I always love your view out of your window!. xo

baukje said...

Hi Lizzie, I am the first one!!! Your tablerunner is lovely. And those blues....wow so very blue and so beautiful. Something for the new beloved baby???? No, I think this will become something else....maybe another pattern for the quiltshop??? Congrtulations for you two with the new grandchild in october, happy grandparents!!!!!
The autumnpicture is fabulous, here, fortunately, it's a long to autumn!

Lynne said...

Yes, it is hard to pick up again when we let things slide - I certainly had that problem after six weeks away from blogging earlier this year! So, welcome back, from one who knows, and congratulations on the forthcoming GrandBub.

Margaret said...

Oh you need to write the pattern for that table runner! It's wonderful! Love it! Love the fabrics for the new start too. Such beautiful blues with red. Yummy! Reminds me how much I love blue. Now why should I love blue more in quilts and red more in samplers? lol! Congrats again on the little bit coming to your family. We did it the old fashioned way too, didn't find out the sex. Fun that way!

Lurline said...

Lovely Post Lizzie - nice to here all is well - great news about 'little bub' - love your Christmas runner and especially love the pic at the end!
Hugs - Lurline!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Good to hear your news...love the last picture! Stunning the way you caught the autumn sun!

mdgtjulie said...

Beautiful pic, Lizzie. I love the way the sun shines through. Great shot!! And grats on the bump, lol. Too cute. I love the colors in the Christmas table runner. They're lovely!! Grats on the finish!!

Kate said...

Missed you Lizzie, love your Christmas runner and the fabrics in the new (log cabin?) project.
Autumn this year has been rather glorious hasn't it?...your photo says it all. best xx K

Kali said...

How lovely to hear from you again Lizzie, and to hear your news. I too have been shockingly remiss in the blogging department...think about doing it sometimes and that's as far as it gets.

Sue said...

So nice to have you back in blogland. I love your red and mustard table runner...wools of course! A finish is a finish no matter how infrequent thay are.
A new baby to look forward to is wonderful too.

Kris said...

Congrats on the grandie! So glad to see you! I love that last photo. Really beautiful. You live in a lovely place.

taylorsoutback said...

Such a golden light in late autumn for you to capture - just beautiful.

That stack of blues looks mighty enticing!!

Margaret said...

I think it is the mustard that is the show off, lovely runner that would inspire conversations as you enjoy a coffee with a friend

Kaisievic said...

Hi Lizzie, it is so easy for life to take over from blogging. It happens to all of us, so no stress. It is just great when one can get back to it all. Congrats on the new grandbaby on the way and a lovely finish.

Leanne said...

Oh I know what you mean life just spins out of control sometimes. So many lovey things with this post. LOVE the table runner and your autumn photo. I need to go to a special place to write a pattern good luck.

Leanne said...

Oops forgot a new grandie how exciting I am patiently waiting LOL.

Elisabeth at Eureka Patchwork said...

Love the runner Lizzie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin