Thursday, 28 June 2012

Reflections....

.....about this time every year I seem to have a need to evaluate where the previous months have taken me. it may very well be that the coming month of my birth makes me stop and wonder where on earth the last year went..??



You know exactly what I mean don't you?
 
      (the sign in the Haigh's window actually says.....'in case of emergency....break chocolate' ! my kind of shop.)


It's been tumultuous at times, we've had joyous celebrations and sad decisions to make.  


I've had hilarious days when I've laughed 'till I cried and days filled with overwhelming emotions that have made me cry. worrying times too with some health scares, relief when everything is okay again...













 people come into your life and people leave again, some stay for a short time and others stay in your heart forever but each and every one helps form the person you become. sometimes you reach a fork in the road and you have to choose which way to go, you know that each way is the right way but will take you a different route. I often wonder about the 'butterfly' effect of life, the what if's and the if only's, how different life would be if we'd taken the other path......sigh, the older I get the more mysterious life becomes I think..!!


our eldest son was 40 yesterday, now how on earth that happened in 5 minutes I'll never know..!!! four days after he was born I turned 22 and here I am, turning 62 this weekend .....
















..now these girls are growing up and in their exciting teen years, all too soon they'll be grown and independent women...much too soon...!!!




































...this one's not far behind either.....













































but this one.... ...well I reckon we've got miss emily as a little girl for a while yet...!!! Thank goodness...


Remember back here, I made this for the railway man for Christmas, well I think it should read......


"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the people in your life that keep you going..."


cold and windy here this week and more coming for the weekend so I'm thinking some nights curled up in front of the fire with my sewing might be the way to go, after lunch with the family on Saturday that is...

14 comments:

Robin Hill Quilts~Eileen G. said...

Wishing you a wonderful birthday lunch on Saturday Lizzie! Your grand~daughters are so pretty and full of life, eh? All the possibilities are in front of them and you have a front row seat as you watch them grow...♥E

Margaret said...

Happy happy birthday, Lizzie! Isn't it amazing how fast time goes? I love reading your sentiments, and seeing your beautiful granddaughters. I hope you have a special day and a wonderful celebration. Let your family spoil you!

Kaisievic said...

Happy, happy birthday, Lizzie. It is so amazing how fast our lives go but it is sometimes good to sit back and take some time to reflect.

Jodie said...

Lizzie, If at your age, I am as loved as you and as loving and caring as you, I will be happy. You are one of the finest eggs I know. I hope you have wonderful celebrations.

Lynne said...

Happy birthday for 1st July.

Seams Sew Together said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie, your right life just flies buy and in the end family are what keeps us going, hope you get spoilt rotten and have a fabulous day.

Annie said...

Dear Lizzy, sending you birthday wishes, I love your reflections, and often think similar thoughts. Looking forward to meeting up for coffee in the hols and cheering to some triple celebrations.

Julia said...

Happy birthday for tomorrow Lizzie...have a good one.
Your reflections have me looking back at the years just gone and made think...enjoy each day as it comes..for tomorrow, who knows what it will bring.
Birthday hugs Julia ♥

taylorsoutback said...

A beautiful reflective post, Lizzie and wishing you a birthday filled with wonderful moments and always - Cake!

Loved the photo of the Lamingtons...remember trying them for the first time when arriving in Melbourne...we are all truly blessed to have precious memories.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lovely post, Lizzie, and beautiful photos. I wish you a happy birthday!

Sue-Anne said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie! I look at my kids and wonder where on earth has the time gone? Have a lovely lunch with your family tomorrow and keep warm.

Jan said...

What a lovely post, Lizzie. I hope your special day was just as lovely. xx

Sue said...

A lovely post Lizzie, just what I needed after a week of misery. Now I'm back and ready to get on with life so just needed your gorgeous pics to cheer me up.. Happy birthday to you and your boy.

Leanne said...

Lovely port Lizzie you are always so good with words.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin