Sunday, 15 July 2012

Not much happening...

...around this house in the country at the moment. I've been working, the railway man's been working, the dogs have been doing lots of sleeping in front of the fire and the weather is still cold, wet and miserable.....


I have done a little sewing though, yesterday was the second day of  the Irene Blanck (Focus on Quilts) Botanika workshop and I managed to finish all the appliqué on my blocks from the last class as well as piece the background squares for the new blocks ready for the needleturn and wool appliqué on those...





this is the last of the four blocks from the last workshop. I finished another last night but haven't taken a photo yet.....



...you can see it unfinished in this shot of my messy workspace yesterday..How is it that I have to take two bags of stuff with me to make one block..???? It's like a security blanket I think, can't go without having choices just in case I change my mind on the fabrics I might use....weird!! 
Anyway, you can see more photo's here on Irene's blog....


So..........a foreign country.........a convent...........and a quilter.....!!!!




the country is Italy, the convent is a B&B in Orvieto and the quilter is Sue Spargo........!!!!


Sue (from Millrose) and I are going to Italy for a week next year to do a workshop with Sue Spargo..........oh my, are we excited!! You can check it out here..


so look out Baujke, we're going to meet in Italy!! I'm going to hop over to the UK to visit some relatives after Italy, so I'm hoping to meet up with some blogging friends there too. It's going to be an exciting year I think...!!


See you later..
XX

20 comments:

Celia Gibson said...

Hi Lizzie, I like the very random fabric choices you made. It's so exciting to plan go do something we like, it's like the fun begins the moment we decide to go...

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous piece this is going to be! I love that block you finished! Love the other one too! Great fabric choices -- you always need tons of fabrics to make sure you choose the perfect ones. As for your trip. Sigh. Oh lucky you!!!! Sue Spargo, and Italy too! A convent! Wow! I'm totally envious. I hope you blog about the trip and let us live vicariously through you.

Seams Sew Together said...

Wow!! Italy, you lucky duck, how gorgeous will that trip be.

Lynne said...

I bet you're counting down!

Kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Lucky you!!

Sue-Anne said...

I love how you are mixing the cotton and wool together and how exciting! Italy with Sue Spargo!!!

baukje said...

YES so exiting to meet in real!!!!! I am really looking forward to go back to Orvieto next year in september. For me this will be the third time. I am completely in love with Orvieto, the food, the wine, the atmosphere, the small alleys and so on..............And of course Sue and Bill and Kristy, they all are so inspiring and sweet people.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Have a wonderful time...it sounds like a fantastic mix...sun, sea, quilting ahhhh. Enjoy it while you can as the UK isn't that warm!

Copper Patch said...

Italy?!?!? How exciting!!! Ooh the photos you will take and I wonder how much Gelato you will eat... It will be wonderful.
Ab xx

kristi said...

Hi Liz! Baukje shared this blog post with me and I'm so glad I stopped by to see your beautiful applique. You are going to SWOON when you arrive in Orvieto! Having the chance to study with Sue Spargo for a week is a dream come true. Sue's class is filling up fast with wonderful creative stitchers. We know we are all in for an incredible adventure.
www.AdventuresInItaly.net

Irene Blanck said...

Yes - you lucky thing - you and Sue will have a blast no doubt. Can't wait to see what you come back with. And it sure is fun having you in the class - you just never know what you'll come up with. Don't forget that "partnership" deal! ha ha!

Sue said...

Oh Goodness, Tassie this year Italy next! How wonderful. Love your Botanika fabrics, yet another long termer to keep you busy.

Jen said...

Hello Lizzie .Wow what a fabulous trip coming up. Italy and quilting!! Love the blocks lovely colours and fabric.

Marie said...

Your blocks are beautiful - I particularly like the one with all the leaves. It doesn't look very large, is it? And by the looks of things you are more than ready for a workshop with Sue Spargo - in ITALY, no less! That will be fun to dream about.

Karen said...

How exciting!! Sure beats my jaunts to Canberra anda Sydney!

. said...

Lovley colours

// N

http://countrylifebyn.blogspot.se/

Packer said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Packers and movers in Chennai

mahmudul86 said...

This Article is good.Interesting article about lifestyle bloggers.
Lifestyle
It's Call Good Manners,
The Right Persong for Children,
Know Thy Role,
Bandaging the Boo Boos,
You Are Never Too Old,
Do you love customer service?
Kiss your way to an Inexpensive Wedding,


lifestyles
for more information



Thanks

propelpmc said...


Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Propelpmc

propelpmc said...


Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Propelpmc

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin