Monday, 10 September 2012

a weekend of colour...

...fun, food, stitches and new friends all here....




at the 'crow's nest', thank you Leonie & Deidre, for a fabulous weekend and for ferrying Sue and I backwards and forwards, we really appreciated it....

thanks too to Sue for coming with me, for the sitting, talking and stitching ..  ..'till well after midnight each night and especially for sharing all that amazing seafood we managed to eat... (well, someone had to do it ...!)



as I'm sure you expected, I took a zillion photos, so I'll break them down into days or in this post...'the weekend with Sue Spargo.....!'
prepare for an overload of colour my friends......



this is why we went to Tasmania...to learn how to embellish.


...this is what we had in front of us to inspire us....










...yep, simple!!!














..the colour all around us was an inspiration on it's own...




















....not to mention the temptation everywhere.....



Sue is such a talented and lovely lady, sharing her knowledge and encouraging all of us.....


...colour....... ...more colour... ..and more colour, well, you get the idea I think...?
..we were all inspired to go home and just keep stitching!!





just being in the Crow Headquarters was an inspiration too, I nearly, very nearly (and I still might) bought the kit for this lovely quilt (the one on the bed). It's in the Crow's book, which I have of course so I'm sure I'm destined to make it.... ;o) really, how could I not??

  who wouldn't want to just sit and sew in this (as a facebook friend said) sewing sanctuary, such a beautiful building and the light through those windows is lovely...

so as I said, a great weekend with good friends, good food and yes, a tiny drop of good wine..  ;o)

I'll be back soon with some shots of Tasmania, as Jo said, it should be called 'the treasure isle' never mind that stuff about being the 'apple isle'.....that's the perfect place for an 'Apple Mac' girl to visit though don't you agree....  ;o)

XXX

20 comments:

Kris said...

It's all so beautiful! Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

So much loveliness! Love the colors, the light, everything!

baukje said...

WOW such beautiful pictures, so colorful!!!! And yes I agree, Sue is a very sweet; lovely and inspiring lady. It's a great pleasure to have her as a teacher......
Do you bring your work to Orvieto? Did you speak to Sue about Orvieto?
hugs Baukje
xxx

Lynne said...

Wow! Sounds wonderful. Surrounded by all those beautiful and colourful things!

Brigid | The Inspired Notebook said...

Liz, your photos are so beautiful!! Looks like an amazing weekend you and Sue had, and the perfect venue for it. Sue Spargo's work is just stunning!

Seams Sew Together said...

Gorgeous pictures, looks like you had a great time.

Seams Sew Together said...

Gorgeous pictures, looks like you had a great time.

Jo in TAS said...

Pity I couldn't make Sue's Class too, Crow Central is heavenly!

Margaret said...

How lovely, and what a beautiful setting for such a spectacular class. I do love Sue's work -- and you take such lovely pictures to show us too! Thanks for the eye candy. Looking forward to seeing more. And yes, you need the kit for that quilt on the bed. Gorgeous!!

Cath said...

What a beautiful place to sew. It's not suprising that such gorgeous pieces were created.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Sue said...

Beautiful.....I love Sue's work and I'm still dreaming about all those gorgeous quilts. My favourite one is the tree and crow, they are all so fabulous in the flesh aren't they?

Daniëlle said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Love the projects! Happy sewing, hugs, Daniëlle

Daniëlle said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Love the projects! Happy sewing, hugs, Daniëlle

Jan said...

Isn't that such a gorgeous shop - and the Crow girls are so nice too. Lovely to see what you were up to; all those woolly colours and designs are amazing.

Julia said...

Wow Lizzie, what an amazing place and time you had there...wish I could have been there.
Love the tree quilt..that quilting is to die for..
Julia ♥

Maree: said...

What a Gorgeous Shop to have a class in let alone all the Lovelies from Sue Spargo...Lucky You.
Cheers

Sarah said...

It was a great weekend - wish it was longer. You guys were GREAT company : o )

Jeni said...

Gorgeous Shop.....you wouldnt want to leave

Jen said...

Wow Lizzie .What a beautiful place with lovely colour and light and a lovely friendly group for learning .I do agree a perfect place to visit.

CHRIS said...

Amazing works Lizzie. I did Sue' s workshop last time here in Melb. Such an inspiring generous girl. Happy stitching. Chris.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin