Sunday, 23 September 2012

Oatlands...

after I left Cataract Gorge and Launceston I drove down the highway to Oatlands. it's a lovely little town about half way between Launceston and Hobart, you can read about it here but in a nutshell...it's a small Colonial town with the largest remaining collection of sandstone buildings in Australia..



gorgeous little houses aren't they..? that dark sky you can see there was the start of the decline in weather conditions...



this was just down the road at Ross, dramatic sky in front of me and sunshine behind..



  Oatlands signature tourist attraction is The Callington Mill...

 
 still a working mill....

 
surrounded by quaint sandstone buildings..



how easily could this be a warp in time and actually be 100 years ago??



beautifully restored and maintained building...



set in beautiful countryside.....sigh!!



oh yes......it was apple blossom time in the apple isle too......sigh again!!

the last full day of my trip is next.....are you bored yet? ;o)
I'll be back later in the week....have a good one my friends..
xxx

12 comments:

Lurline said...

Beautiful post - Lizzie, your photography is amazing, congratulations!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jen said...

Thank you Lizzie lovely photos again some familiar places and looking foreward to your last day photos. I also love the Spring blossoms.

Cath said...

Not at all bored. I love your photos and hopefully I will be able to visit one day too. For now I am content to armchair travel.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Lynne said...

Beautiful photos - I love that part of Tasmania.

Margaret said...

Such beautiful pictures! I am definitely not bored. :D

Sue said...

Wow Lizzie, these pics are fabulous. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

Angie Burrett said...

Gorgeous photos - all so different from the Launceston and Callington here in Cornwall! Thank you so much for sharing- I am fascinated that the place names are the same in different hemispheres! Autumn here - cold wet windy and altogether unpleasant - so enjoy your Spring!

broderie said...

Tasmania, a favourite place, beautiful photos of familiar scenes! A place where time stands still sometimes !

smcbphoto.com said...

Am enjoying reliving my Tassie tour via your photographs of places I went to as well. I loved Oatlands, though the weather was awful at the time. Belated thanks for the birthday wishes too!

smcbphoto.com said...

Am enjoying reliving my Tassie tour via your photographs of places I went to as well. I loved Oatlands, though the weather was awful at the time. Belated thanks for the birthday wishes too!

Kris said...

Not bored at all. Lovely photos!

baukje said...

Beautiful photos Lizzie, I already can imagine you making photos in Orvieto...... I love that mill remind me of the Dutch mills in my native country.....
xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin