Friday, 14 September 2012

still in Tasmania...

I did take an awful lot of photographs during my week in Tasmania and I'm not going to put them all here, but I'll show you some of the ones I love the most and give you a link to see the rest on Flickr is you're interested...

..this was the early morning view from our hotel window, the rising sun hitting Mt Wellington was lovely..

















  the harbour in Hobart is full of colour from the fishing boats, tall ships and yachts...






















after Sue left to come home on Monday, I picked up my little hire car and spent the next four days driving around just looking for photographs waiting to be made, this is at eaglehawk neck...








such a spectacular coastline...

























and of course no visit to Tassie would be complete without seeing the remains at Port Arthur Penal Colony...



the only church in Australia that was never consecrated for one religion as all faiths had to use it...



the remains of the hospital...








from Port Arthur I pointed the wheels of my little red car north, initially heading for Launceston but I was seduced by a signpost that said there were Highland Lakes to the left, so left I turned...  :o) I'm so glad I did....











I did get a little lost up there at one stage, found some snow and then found this.....








an amazingly green and lush rainforest which in turn led me to this spectacular sight...

Liffey Falls....










.. just beautiful..



the sun and mist from the falls created some lovely rainbows..



are you bored yet...?



..last one for today... 



























well maybe one more...  ...you didn't think I could leave without showing you just one macro shot did you..?

I haven't finished uploading to flickr yet so when I have I'll come back with shots from some more amazing places in the apple isle....

XXX



11 comments:

Margaret said...

So beautiful! I love seeing all the pictures. Such spectacular scenery. I'm glad you are having fun in Tasmania. I saw your pic on Sue Spargo's blog. :D Fun fun!

Maree: said...

Gorgeous photo's Lizzie...the Waterfall brought back memories of my trip there as a teenager...it's still Beautiful.
TFS
Cheers

Lynne said...

Wow!

Cathy said...

I love that photo of the rainbow in the mist!! That was so worth the side trip for you.

Donna~~ said...

Lovely photos! Thanks for giving me a little mini vacation this morning! :)

Lynda said...

Tasmania is spectacular. We were there a few years ago and I'd love to go back. I'm looking forward to your next batch of photos.

Kris said...

Beautiful place, and such a talent! Lovely photos!

Sue-Anne said...

Your photos are AMAZING! Thank you for sharing.

A Quilter Awakens said...

Lovely, lovely photos! I was not sure if Hobart would be on my travel-bucket list, and now it is for sure. Karmen

Barbara Woods said...

love your pictures keep them coming

CHRIS said...

Ahh take me home Lizzie. Great pics. Thank you. Chris x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin