Thursday, 4 October 2012

Tassie's amazing farewell....

I thought that I could come back and just do one more post from Tasmania but really, I can't choose with these last shots, so I'll put some here and leave a link at the bottom to the rest of them on Flickr.

The guy at my motel in New Norfolk told me I should head out to Strathgordon if I wanted some good photography opportunities and I took his advice and pointed the little red car in that direction, first stop Mt Field National Park.

It was still early and there had been a lot of rain overnight and some really strong winds, the sky was still quite threatening and I thought I was going to get wet at sometime during the day...!





when I finally reached Mt Field the information centre and cafe were open so coffee and some walking maps and this is what I walked into...









jurasic park...!!! 




 the light was amazing, everything was verdant, mossy and beautiful. the peace was almost deafening, just the birds rustling and singing in the high trees and this little fellow...
















looking for breakfast....no way was he going to turn around for me..!






















the trees were amazing, reaching up through the canopy to the sky, tall, proud... ..and majestic..!!







a graveyard of fallen giants returning to the ground just the way nature intended... 

























the further in I walked, the louder the roar became until I took a turn in the path and ...
                                              ..this!!!!





Russell Falls......breathtakingly beautiful.....breathtakingly photogenic ....






















but as beautiful as this was I took the path onwards and upwards to the next level of natures splendour.....


  ..it sure as hell gave my legs a workout...!! this was about a fifth of the way up..sigh, the sacrifices I make for my art... ;o) I valiantly climbed and climbed until I got to this...



the top of the first falls..!












all along the path there were little treasures waiting to be photographed leading to this...

Horseshoe Falls........ 

even more breathtaking than the falls below...!!

I know I've bombarded you with so many photographs tonight but really, I just wanted to show them all to you! just a couple more and I'll leave a link to my photostream on flickr so that you can have a look at the rest if you'd like...



the wattyl was just starting to come out deep in the rainforest...  





sunlight and moss, what a combination.....  













and pink heath closer to the edge of the rainforest.... 























but this is the image that made me think I was in a different world.... 















I wouldn't have been surprised to hear the roar of  dinosaurs long gone...





I never did make it to Strathgordon, there was a tree across the road about halfway there and I had to turn around and head back but my visit to Mt Field was enough...........amazing, peaceful, serene, majestic, breathtaking....!!!
If you ever get the chance to visit Mt Field National Park in Tasmania....take it, you'll never regret it..!!

Flickr link

15 comments:

Margaret said...

You take such beautiful pictures! I love it! Definitely very Jurassic Park. lol! So is that a Tasmanian Devil? So cooooool! Thanks for sharing your pics. I'm glad you had a wonderful time in Tasmania!

Jo in TAS said...

Up on the east coast of tassie near Weldborough is a place called Myrtle Forest, it's even more jurrasic than Mt Field, google Myrtle forest and select images, it'll make you want to come back just to photograph it.

baukje said...

I have no words for these amazing phots. I looked at your flickr photos too.... The black and white pic of the people who are making music are so amazing. That shy girl with her violin.......

Jo in TAS said...

Ooh better add Weldborough to Myrtle forest in thebgoogle search otherwise you end up ith lots of different ones

Miriam said...

Beautiful photographs!! I especially love the photos of the waterfalls.

paulette said...

WOW!! INCREDIBLE!! Thanks for taking us along!!
P

Chookyblue...... said...

just gorgeous........thanks so much for sharing............

Sue said...

So much beauty, I love Tassie for all those places you caught on your camera, the history and the fact you don't have to drive for days to get anywhere.
Now for your next trip to WA there will be no water falls or tree ferns. No mossy logs either but I'm sure you still take gorgeous pics tho'.

Lurline said...

Fabulous!
Hugs - Lurline.

Lurline said...

Fabulous!
Hugs - Lurline.

excuseme23 said...

I spent a wonderful day in Mt. Field in February 2011 and your photos brought back all the magic, I could almost hear the waterfall. Magical place.

Teresa said...

I have not been able to comment on your site for so long, but Blogger has now sorted things out. Those waterfalls are the most beautiful thing EVER. It must have been so spiritual to see them in person. Your photos are so beautiful and will be such an amazing reminder of being there. I love all the moss and ferns...you are kidding about expecting a dino at every turn!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Lynne said...

Wow! Amazing photos from a breathtakingly beautiful landscape.

Jen said...

Wow Lizzie that photography was just fantastic, I have been to Tassie and the scenery there begs to be photographed, You are so clever with the camera. Thanks for shareing.

taylorsoutback said...

I could feel your excitement build with each new discovery. The waterfalls remind me of yards & yards of bridal veil flowing - just gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin