Thursday, 11 October 2012

That golden hour...

..that hour just after sunrise and just before the sun sets in the evening...



















it's the perfect light for photography, well, if it's not raining of course..  :o)


it wasn't raining tonight.......




but it's been raining all day...











there was a gap in the clouds and the raindrops were just glistening on the trees where the sun was hitting them....






















not really golden but never the less not too bad on a rainy, cold, miserable spring evening...











































except that I should have put some gumboots/wellies on to get the shots of the very last daffodils in the paddock....

the ground is so sodden that I ended up in mud to the top of my shoes...















hmm....









freezing cold, soggy mud...

































I don't think we got past 7C today....











that'll teach me to think before I grab my Nikon and head out into the paddock...

maybe ...











but probably not...



not quite the fields of bluebells from my youth is it SB........

but the blue ajuga is pretty just the same...













so is the crabapple blossom......











sweet and light....






















a halo of pale pink in my garden...

time to go, perhaps I'll be able to show you some sewing soon, I have been doing some.. our next grandbaby is due next week, I know Annie is hoping for a baby that's early or on time but we all know how fickle first babies can be... 

I've nearly finished the baby quilt and I'm so looking forward  to meeting her/him with quilt in hand..!!!

15 comments:

Cathy said...

I adore your photo's as always Lizzie, you just capture the moment perfectly. We had the same weather as you today and when the sun came out this evening it was glorious! All the best to Annie and the family. xo

Lynne said...

I, for one, am glad you went out to take the photos but I wouldn't have minded if you'd stopped for boots first!

Margaret said...

Ah, I can enjoy the spring through you! Beautiful pics! Bummer about the mud though. So exciting about the grandchild coming! Good luck to Annie -- hope the baby is early or on time!

Lurline said...

So happy photography is your thing - lots of happy hearts beating watching the pics!
Hugs- Lurline.

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a treat your gorgeous photos were. I've only had a short trip to Tassie but adored it and it's definitely on the go again list. Thanks for sharing.

taylorsoutback said...

Your exquisite images are reward for hiking through all that cold mud...the glow from the flowers and foliage warms this heart as we head into our late Fall and surroundings lose color and turn drab...I always look forward to seeing Spring arrive in your part of the world through your blog...

Kris said...

Beautiful! We didn't get past 10 here in the east of Melbourne. Such a cold spring day!

Diane-crewe said...

well worth the mud on your wellies! thanks for sharing your photos x

pandchintz said...

Beautiful photos, thank you.

Kim said...

Spring comes to life here on your blog pages...happy springtime, Lizzy!

Helen said...

Love your pictures. Love the Australian feel of them. Enjoy your spring. I agree with Diane, it was well worth the mud on your wellies.

Sue said...

lovely pictures, thank you for sharing.

Sue said...

At last I've snatched a childfree moment to read some blogs. Such beautiful photos Lizziem enough to sooth my exhausted body. Last day with the littlies...we take them home tomorrow!

brodahl jahren said...

Jeg har ingen ord for å beskrive dette innlegget. virkelig flotte bilder. Håper du vil nyte våren når den kommer.

huskatalog

Jenny Watson said...

These are just awesome thanks for sharing.

Military Challenge Coins

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin