Thursday, 22 November 2012

Where have the days gone..?

I wonder where this year has gone, I can't believe that it's nearly december again!! not that I'm complaining mind you, december means summer here which of course means sunshine and warm days...bring it on! I'm so over this long winter with it's cold winds, rain and grey skies, can't wait to walk on the beach and soak up some vitamin D..!
It's been a while since I posted last I know but that's the way things seem to be all over blog land at the moment, everyone's busy so I thought I might do a catch up chat tonight, haven't had a chat for months now......so, where to start..?


I have managed to get some sewing done...
 
 trying to catch up with my sue spargo BoM, this is the February block nearly finished...only nine more months to catch up on before next years starts in January.. ;o) 
not going to make it am I..? hehehe 

 I've also got this one to get finished...

we're doing this one as a BoM at Millrose next year so I'm trying to get most of the blocks done for the sample...

block one
two
and three 


earlier in October we (the railway man and I) invested in some new chairs for our lounge room...you've heard of taste testing haven't you...?

  ..well, this is sit testing.... yep, we can keep this one, it's nice and comfy thanks...!!

but then I don't know why I bother, they own the furniture after all...!! :o)


 I took this shot on October 31st... a fabulous halloween sky, the storm that came with it was a good one too.. 

 our youngest daughter Sarah had her graduating art exhibition on Nov 5th.. 

















see that gorgeous copperplate etching (I think that's right) of the little lighthouse with the 'quilt' of stars in it's beam (#137)?? well that one came home with me and it's sitting very nicely on my sewing room wall now. 









 and this one is... Imagination....

I really wanted this one too but it was sold when I went back after the official opening, I was terribly upset until I discovered that it was my brother that bought it..how cool is that, I can go visit it in his house!! 


 Oh yes, I didn't tell you about this baby did I...? yep, came home with me a few weeks ago. I haven't had much time to give it a good workout yet but I'm in love with it...






 I think that's about all the chit chat around this house in the country at the moment, busy, busy, busy little bees we've been.... 
















but wait...I can't forget to show you our other baby again..... Miss Madeline at two weeks old and just gorgeous :o)

alright, gotta go, happy thanksgiving to all my american friends, enjoy the holiday....
XXX

15 comments:

Sue said...

Nice to have a catch up from you Lizzie. So much happening at your place all of it beautiful 'speshly babies. Lovely post.

Jen said...

HI! Wow Lizzie,A great catch up chat,Lots been happening for you Lovely blocks and Art Exhibit A talented daughter you must be proud and beautiful baby.
I am way behind at the moment must be the time of year.

Lynne said...

Aw wow! So cute!

You have been busy, haven't you?

cajunquilter said...

Thanks! and such a cutie!

beebee said...

So glad you posted again..I was hoping you were ok. the grandie is a sweetie.....so cute..they grow up too fast don't they?
have a great day....we are heading out to our son's home where the family will gather for our Thanksgiving celebration. We are so thankful for all that God has given us. Our cup truly overflows.

hugs from Louisiana
beeebee

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, that little face! Such big, beautiful eyes! I love little Madeline! And your new toy! Oh you lucky you!!!! One of these days I want a Bernina of my own. I need to get back into quilting, and then maybe I can justify getting one. lol! Love your DD's artwork -- wow! That copperplate etching you took home is just marvelous, as is the piece your brother bought! A talented girl for sure! And your Sue Spargos!!!! Wow! I want to see more of your BOM! And the Flowerbed one for the QNS is gorgeous! You're working on the model? I joined the 2013 BOM this year. We'll see how I do. lol!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Nice to read your news. The sound of hot summer warms me through. As I type the wind is howling through and I'm frozen to the bone. So I'm going to think warm and happy thoughts and hope that works :o)

Kate said...

Hi Lizzie. Your wool projects are wonderful!! So quirky and exuberant. I must say too that your daughters artworks are fabulous!!! I adore the lighthouse...if I was at the exhibition I reckon I would have been fighting you for that one. Perhaps you can talk her into doing commissions? Hopefully there will be many more successful exos for her in the future.
Adorable babies all, the fur babies and the big eyed beauty.
Great to hear from you as always, kate

Kris said...

I love looking at all your stuff! You have been busy. Nice to see you.

baukje said...

Hi Lizzie, you are right it's a bit quiet in blogland. Love your chatpost and those blue eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Baukjexxx

Frog Quilter said...

Wow! I love all your pictures and the pet testers / owners of the furniture lol. Keep them coming. Liz on SC.

*-* said...


The samples you're making, are great pieces & gorgeous colours.

I do love the piece from the exhibition, with the lighthouse & stars. I'd have taken that home myself. Very talented daughter.
Kay.

Francien said...

Wauw Lizzie ....your Sue Spargo blocks are so beautiful.....love them....and little miss Madeline is so lovely....i am sorry...but your creations come second after here....i know you don`t mind ...lol.....and yes the dogs love my old chesterfield seats too...my new bulldog loves to sleep on them.....greetings Francien.

taylorsoutback said...

What a sweet little grandbaby! Bet there will be some extra quilting & sewing going on!

We are covered in white as I look out the windows and temps tonight in the single digits - winter has arrived.
What a coincidence - we recently purchased new chairs too & both our shelties have given their paw of approval.

Jawed Ali said...

Get your own home based job in data entry, copy pasting, clicking and different more jobs
www.jobzcorner.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin