Thursday, 3 January 2013

Create......

I've found that new year resolutions are a little like rules, made to be broken or bent somewhat!! so for the last few years I, like lots of others, have chosen a word that I try to follow through the year. Last year my word was FOCUS, I really needed to focus on what was important in my life, 2011 had been a rough year with mum....

anyway, in 2012 I tried to focus on me a little more, tried to focus on the things that mattered a little more and tried to focus on where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do and of course I tried to keep my lens in focus  ;o)

....and I had a great year!

So this year is my year to 'CREATE', my word for 2013 is create.....

So today I'm creating....


....literally!

I'm not sure yet where I'm going with this but I can tell you that I am planning on making two quilts, one aqua and chocolate and one pink and yellow....!!!

Yep, in July we will have another little one so I'm trying to get in front..  :o) does that make you smile 'cos it does me, me in front...hahahah, we'll see won't we....

So short post  today because I need to go 'create' something...

Hope you all have an amazing and creative 2013....

13 comments:

Robin Hill Quilts~Eileen G. said...

Happy new year!! How exciting is your news!, Baby quilts are full of love from start to finish! I love your photo. It makes me feel like I am in your home foe a minute looking at your creative space and warm kitchen. Take good care Lizzie xoxo E

Quilt Kitty said...

Love your one word resolution. It seems a positive way of looking at things rather than setting rules that we tend to fail at. Very happy news about he baby. Enjoy your creating! Tracee xx

Margaret said...

Great word for the year! And I love what you're creating so far -- gorgeous fabrics!

Sue said...

I love the one word resolution, last year I chose "declutter", that was no fun so this year I've picked "laugh" I hope this is much more fun. I'm pretty sure "create" will be heaps of fun for you, you are always so creative.

Deb said...

Looks fabulous Lizzie, CREATE - should be easy for you! You are very CREATIVE!!

Happy New Year - I hope 2013 is a wonderful year.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Happy New Year, Lizzie. Love the colours !

Angie Burrett said...

Enjoy creating! Especially baby quilts, they are such fun! Happy 2013 x

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Good word! I love that idea of using a word as a resolution. If I were to pick one I think it would be CALM. Halfway though 2012 I needed to learn to be calm and more peaceful and as I only managed 1/2 a year I think I'll stick to it :o)

Miriam said...

Happy New Year Lizzie!!

I hope 2013 is full of creativity!

Gayle said...

HOw fun it is to make quilts for new little babies! OUr little guy just moved into a 'big boy bed' so I need to make him a new twin sized quilt next.....

pinewood said...

Love your word! Very inspiring.

Julia said...

Expecting a new little one in the family is sure to inspire you to "create"...go for it Lizzie.
I think I'll take up your one word for the year..."focus" it will be for me.
Last year was tough, so focus on a better year sounds good.
Julia ♥

Leanne said...

What a nice word for 2013.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin